Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• budget setup..?

quick question..
    should i buy a cheaper side arm, and get more gear (vest, mags, ect...)
    or get a more expensive sidearm, and make do with the little gear i DO have..?

thinking about xmas, presents and all that

cheers guys
    if we have traded, please remember to rate me on itrader:
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=105883

Re: budget setup..?

I'd suggest getting cheap gear, And only the essentials...

Their is pretty much no point in a cheap side-arm. If your going to get one, Get a half decent one.
    Originally posted by murta369
    in soviet russia you remove the plastic from the paint.

Comment

Up to you, there is no right or wrong!

What I would say though is this time of year pistols are less useful. The cold does not mix well with GBB firstly. Also, the woodland sites have died back for the winter, so less opportunities to get within pistol range!

Comment

I wouldn't bother with a sidearm at all until you have all your essentials sorted. Get a decent primary, enough mags to last you, and something to carry those mags and your extras in, like a vest/chest rig. Then start thinking about a secondary

Comment

^+1 to the above^ dont do what i did and start with a secondary (unless you like long and repetative walks to the spawn point).... get the primary then the kit then the secondary.
          VK

Lightweight Assualt Boots for Sale
          Size 7 but fitted me till I was a size ten.
          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...269#post610269

Comment

It depends on what kit you already have, I would personally stock up on more mags, a spare battery and get your basic setup complete so its as you want it
            Good boots would be on the list to which many people overlook but are as important as you gun

Comment

Pistols are great....We all love pistols BUT

a second primary will get more use.

If i'm going to an all day game I always take a spare Primary just in case one of our guns fail.
              GBB Pistols are not that great in the winter when everyone else has AEG's

Good primary
              GOOD charger (will save your batterys)
              Plenty of Mags (you dont want to be pouring BB's in the field)
              Belt/chest/ vest rig with pouches for your mags
              Good pair of boots
              Clothes (ACU/DPM/Black/etc)
              Spare Primary

Then Pistol
              Then another pistol
              Then another AEG
              Then therapy to cure the addiction to airsoft

Comment

right...
                how about:
                mp5 rig,
                a new jacket/jumper
                gloves
                mid caps
                and a better charger...?

THEN hunt for a secondary
                if we have traded, please remember to rate me on itrader:
                http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=105883

Comment

Sounds about right
                  At the top of that list (if you don't already have them) should be a good reliable set of eye protection, such as ESS ICE or Heroshark glasses/goggles. Most important investment you will ever make in Airsoft

Comment

for my set up all i have is a G19 with two mags, for my gear i have US woodland trousers, an OD jumper and a Grey Tac vest, this all costed me nothing :D hoping to get an AEG soon, as i have like 3 mini type batteries which i don't use but, other then that, it's fine for a days skirmish :D

Comment

There's nothing better than owning your own gun; get to walk around with a degree of pride, "this is MY gat".

However your OP doesn't state if you already own one...

So, if you do already own one and you're happy with the kit you've got, then yes: get a decent pistol.

If you're in the frame of mind that your current kit is insufficient (and be careful not to go down THAT road; you'll never be happy!!), then make sure you're self-sufficient before expanding into more guns.

But ultimately, as Baz Luhrman once said:
                      "Advice is a form of nostalgia..."
                      Originally posted by andre the giant
                      ...most of us like a balance of shooting and drinking tea.

Comment

I can only echo the sentiments of what has already been said. At this time of the year, good clothing is essential, ESPECIALLY boots. The ground underfoot is slippery and uneven, the last thing you want is a twisted/broken ankle. A pair of boots with good support and a good pair of insoles will do you good. Viper do a very good pair of insoles and they're fairly cheap.

Next up...

Make sure your primary is in good nick, a good charger goes a loooooong way. It's probably more important than your gun, as without it, your gun is nothing but a pretty paperweight.

Kit is good. No point having 20 mags if you don't have any way of carrying them. I went for a Viper SouthAfrican Assault vest. £30 and it'll carry most things. I got 3 AUG hi-caps, 3 M4 hi-caps, 6 M4 mids, 3 M9 pistol mags, 2 bottles of gas, a bottle of lucozade and a bag of 2000 BB's in the vest with room for more. Oh, and a speedloader. Bargain.

A backup isn't always needed, but I carry 1 or 2 anyway. (Usually in the form of a DE M47 shotgun and one of my M9's, the shotgun has nothing to go wrong to be honest!).

You can pick up some absolute bargains, both off the forums and off other players at your site, mine include...

JG Aug + 3 batteries and 3 hi caps - £100
                        A&K SR25 (Brand new) - £200
                        2x HFC M190 berettas - £75 for the pair with 4 mags
                        DE M47 shotgun + 3 mags - £20
                        Viper SAAV - £30
                        JG Scorpion + 4 mags + drum mag - Swapped for my M4

Plus lots of other bits, but I'd say at the most, including ammo, gas and other bits and pieces, I've spent around £700 tops. That's 3 AEG's, 2 pistols, an AEP, a pump action shottie, vest, camo, boots and such.

It all depends on your budget!
                        The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

challdog Find out more about challdog
                        Working...
                        X