can i use co2 on Gas pistols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i use co2 on Gas pistols

basically i am buying Mad Bull Adjustable CO2 Regulator Charger for Gas Grenades, *for my grenades) but i was wondering could i use this for Gas guns like pistols? Ok I figure to much psi will damage GBB, but what about revolvers as they dont have a blow back function.

What psi could i use it on GBB and what could i use it on revolvers? whats the downfall of my madness??
    AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Re: can i use co2 on Gas pistols

If it's specifically designed for CO2, then yes. Otherwise, NO!

Comment

No idea about the PSI, but you are going to be pumping out well over site limits. Most CO2 revolvers clock in from site limits and upwards.

for the amount of risk vs reward its not really worth it. Especially with revolvers as they wont freeze up as much if at all.

On a more serious note, Amy winehouse? Perfection? Seriously?

Comment

I hate you
        Boo-Sabum Ben
        AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

LOL :D

Comment

This forum needs a "like" button...

But yes, as above, CO2; unless you're using specific FPS regulated sidearm mags will be pumping out rounds way over site limits for sidearms, sometimes even more than sniper FPS limits.

shouldnt damage the pistol. anothough dont quote me on that. but its certainly not a good idea in terms of FPS.

Comment

Also, aren't there some issues with sites not allowing CO2 guns to be used?

Comment

Yes, my local (Xsite) does not allow any CO2 weapons full stop

Comment

i believe that's for the reasons stated above, FPS. however i cant see them banning a CO2 pistol that is designed to comply with the FPS rules. i.e -350.

maybe just my site but i've used Co2 We-rifles there, with the NPAS set to around 330fps, there's also a guy who has a Co2 sidearm, which shoots consistently at 338fps. provided you can prove (even if by random chono'ing) that you're guns are shooting a reliable and consistently safe FPS i cant imagine any sites banning them. however that said, i only have one or two sites to choose from so i can speak for everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by dxnib1 View Post
                    i believe that's for the reasons stated above, FPS. however i cant see them banning a CO2 pistol that is designed to comply with the FPS rules. i.e -350.
                    Ultimate Airsoft at Thornbury does not allow CO2 pistols. Out of the box they are just too hot and are not easy to downgrade

(I know someone who got a CO2 revolver below 350fps but I think he had to use epoxy filler and redrill inlets)

Comment

With the regulator why not? fiddle around with a reasonable PSI in a chrono yea the first shot will be massive due to pressure but after that should be fine?

as far as i am aware C02 shouldnt have more pressure on a regulated psi than any airsoft gas

Comment

Originally posted by cannon_fodder View Post
                        Ultimate Airsoft at Thornbury does not allow CO2 pistols. Out of the box they are just too hot and are not easy to downgrade

(I know someone who got a CO2 revolver below 350fps but I think he had to use epoxy filler and redrill inlets)
                        Thats why i said "out the box" I.E a Co2 powered gun that doesn't need any downgrades to shoot less than 350fps.

There are a few sidearms now coming as stock with -340fps out the box that run on Co2 bulbs, and mags specifically designed to run of CO2 with a power output of 330fps.

For example certain Glock17/18ect mags take Co2 bulbs now. the mag is regulated so no matter what gun you stick it in. (even if it was a standard TM for example) would still shoot around 330ish mark.

i've got a Co2 sigma in the sales section which was shooting at roughly 420out the box on Co2 (upgraded to around 500fps) that's an example of a gun that i personally think was designed for target shooters, and not for airsofting. as far as i'm aware there are no official downgrade mods/replacement parts for dedicated target shooting CO2 powered sidearms, although if honest i haven't looked and unless you know you're stuff incredibly well. wouldn't go about modding an airsoft gun to accommodate such high pressures the Co2 bulb contains. thats just dangerous.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Beef Find out more about Beef
                        Working...
                        X