• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TM vs G&P

Don't like burst firing, 30 shots better than 10

Comment

Have you decided on a company? if so we can start going into more depth about models?
      Originally posted by Tiercel
      I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Comment

Company?

Comment

I meant make :P decided on which make of m4 you would like
          I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Comment

Yeah am going for the G&P Magpul MOE M4 Carbine (black)

Comment

Ah its all good then may i ask what battery your running? and i still suggest the Airsoft Systems Smart Control Unit, Stops lockups gives nearly instant trigger response and will protect your trigger contacts

Comment

Don't know anything about batteries but would get one that last 8hrs and it has to be a mini one too. The Airsoft Systems Smart Control Unit, does that mean i have to fire 3 rounds bursts?

Comment

No its active breaking so it completes the cycle after every shot and can prevent plenty of problems e.g. Lockups, spring decompression (when it stops mid cycle and keeps the spring compressed) and plenty of others, What it also does is increase the trigger response till it is almost instant ptw-like it increases your rof (you wouldn't need that on semi ) stops trigger contacts burning out. And then on the 3 round burst you still have semi but if you go on full auto 1 pull (quick pull) and then you gun fires a 3 round burst hope that clears it up.

Comment

from what ive found G&P are bloody brilliant, personally I would say the only thing on the G&P that is not equal to (if not better) than the tm is the hop unit/bucking, which is still very good. i used to be a TM whore for the performance and reliabilty of them but once I realised the G&P internals were as good I was instantly converted, as the externals are in a totally different league.
                    best advice i can give is to try both out yourself, see what you think because many people prefer different things.
                    BB
                    Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Originally posted by balaclava ben View Post
                      from what ive found G&P are bloody brilliant, personally I would say the only thing on the G&P that is not equal to (if not better) than the tm is the hop unit/bucking, which is still very good. i used to be a TM whore for the performance and reliabilty of them but once I realised the G&P internals were as good I was instantly converted, as the externals are in a totally different league.
                      best advice i can give is to try both out yourself, see what you think because many people prefer different things.
                      BB
                      Happens a lot to newer players, they hear TM is the bestest gun. Then read endless forum threads all about tm and to be fair TM out of the box are very good, they do just what it says on the box....Either for a beginer or someone who is not interested in upgrading. As the fps is sub 300 they can use lots of plastic, so are very cheap to produce. If not internally played with they will last years.

As your taste changes and you want to move on to something better, faster, full metal externals ect (not including the newer TM models) G and P win hands down.
                      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

He is talking about the New TM M4's that are full metal and have the new V2 GB. For performance out of the box that will beat the G&P by a long way. Plus you can get mags that cam be made bot 80 and 30 rounders and they feed all 30 rounds (unlike almost every other gun out there).

G&P are incredibly good guns but if you have the money I 100% recommend the TM M4A1 SOCOM (Not the sopmod as the batteries are naff). I own one and will never look back.

Then get a couple of 8.4 minis and about another 5 mags and you are set for milsim, urban, or woodland.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
                          For performance out of the box that will beat the G&P by a long way.
                          I'd like to see that test.

The Marui is a safe bet. It will work, full stop. You start digging around in it though, and you run into trouble after not long. They are made to not be dismantled. Piston/prings are joined, self tapping screws used to hold the 'box together (maybe not on the recoil versions?) etc. Take out out of the box and let rip though... Job done and will last ages.

The G&P however has little details like O-ring nozzles and such as standard, along with a piston and spring that are not joined. Meaning the up or downgrade is easier and cheaper.

If I wanted a recoil system gun, obviously I'd go Marui and I'd leave the internals stock. Any other instance, I'd go with G&P for Armalite stuff, maybe change the hop RUBBER. There's nothing wrong with the hop chambers.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                            I'd like to see that test.

The Marui is a safe bet. It will work, full stop. You start digging around in it though, and you run into trouble after not long. They are made to not be dismantled. Piston/prings are joined, self tapping screws used to hold the 'box together (maybe not on the recoil versions?) etc. Take out out of the box and let rip though... Job done and will last ages.
                            If you read the OP and my post properly you will see that I and the OP are talking about the NEW TM M4's. They are the best out of the box AEG's I have seen so far and that includes the TM M14. Only problems with them are the rubbish SOPMOD batteries, and that can be sorted buy getting the front wired version.

Normal TM M4 vs G&P M4 yes the G&P is the better gun in my opinion, TM SOPMOD vs G&P M4; Sopmod by a country mile.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
                              If you read the OP and my post properly you will see that I and the OP are talking about the NEW TM M4's. They are the best out of the box AEG's I have seen so far and that includes the TM M14. Only problems with them are the rubbish SOPMOD batteries, and that can be sorted buy getting the front wired version.

Normal TM M4 vs G&P M4 yes the G&P is the better gun in my opinion, TM SOPMOD vs G&P M4; Sopmod by a country mile.
                              There's no need to get shirty mate, the OP asked which was the better make, so if we want to get into semantics... Well, I'm not going to start.

Assuming we are pitting a TM recoil gun up against the G&P, I'd disagree with your statement that it is "country miles" ahead.

If that is true, why am I not getting consistently out-ranged and shot up by people with recoil guns?

All they have is a more complicated mechanical system inside, with more strain, leverage and eventually wear on the working parts.

This isn't to say they don't fire well, and they're not bloody good fun to use. I agree with those facts.

However, there are pros to having a simple AEG over a recoil unit. Mostly being ease of maintenance and cost of upgrades.

Of course, we are all entitled to our own opinions, and I'm long past the point of having arguments on here about which brand is best, because frankly, it's like slamming my nutsack in a door.

The fact of the matter is, recoil guns are the flavour of the moment, we even had a little club on here, but they are not without their downsides, and there show piece is the fact they judder a bit when you fire them, not that they are miles better than everything else.

Comment

aaaaaand sigged

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ThornOfWrath Find out more about ThornOfWrath
                                Working...
                                X