Confused about L96s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about L96s

over the christmas period i am looking to buy an L96. i have seen 3 different ones;
    1) Tokyo Marui L96 AWS
    2) AGM L96 AWS
    3) Well Warrior L96 AWP

anyways, the marui is obviosly the most expensive, but i was just wondering if anyone had any experience with any of them and to see which is the best value for money. because the AGM costs less than 1/4 of the marui.
    I just want to know which is the best option.

Thanks,
    Jonathan Lovegrove.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Re: Confused about L96s

Should have a look at a Maruzen L96 as well,

But i have the Well L96, and for a stock rifle at under £150 its surprisingly good if you have the hop set properly and have a zeroed scope. If you want a cheap upgrade that does improve accuracy quite a bit, add in some homemade barrel spacers and you would be surprised at how much it actually increases the accuracy.

But the best option would definitely be the Marui out of them 3 for out of the box quality.

Comment

out of the box and christmas day happiness?

go for TM any day of the week

Comment

Marui for the more accurate looks, the other ones make me wonder where the mags gone lol dont like em, id go for the dearest being the star aw338
        sigpic

Comment

yeah i had guessed that the tm would be the best, i was looking more for alternatives, as i have seen the AGM at $79 and i know that the well is cheaper too.
          i am really tempted by the AGM but i cant find any reviews of it.

Comment

Shipping won't be cheap on the AGM AWS, expect to pay about the same for shipping as the rifle itself if you're buying from anywhere outside of Europe.
            Originally posted by fijitstiks
            they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
            Originally posted by N3ADS
            Is this you talking from experience ?..
            Originally posted by fijitstiks
            i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

I have had an ACM Mauser/(clone of Well MB05) L96 rifle.

It's a brilliant performer out of the box; 450-500fps, 70m+ range and looks the bomb.

Only thing is some of the models i bought can be dodgy- make sure to buy one with a warrenty!!!

only thing I don't like about the Mauser/Cybergun clone of the Well MB01-5 series is their trigger mechs. they're plastic pieces of poopiness. They'll last about 2000-3000rnds, if not abused- and mine went snap in the cold month of November.

These are cheap UTG L96 plastic mechs, which, I guess is easy to buy and replace, but it's so much better if you up grade to a Metal Well Mb01-5 series trigger mech.

Anyhoo, that's my experience. No upgrades, only thing added is a scope- and I was out performing all AEGs, and a real contender for other snipers.
              sigpic

Comment

The cheap ones wont last without upgrades strength wise, they run 500 fps springs nearly on standard internals, paying more bow will save you more in future, and you wont be left thinking what if, buy one off here second hand, ive seen a couple tm l96 on here
                sigpic

Comment

okay thanks guys, this is exactly the type of stuff i wanted to see.

Comment

I have had all 3. To be frank, none of them are actually that brilliant. Range is similar in all three at about 40 or so mtrs out of the box.

The clones are "weighted" with a concrete lump, which if bumped hard, will snap free and rattle around. The TM is obviously much better constructed, but performance is poor for a sniper rifle to be honest.

It is easier to alter the hop as it is done for a small wheel on the underside of the stock. But, there's not a lot of adjustment. The only worthwhile upgrade is a TK barrel. But that will add another 50 or so quid to the cost

Also the TM is a more realistic copy of the L96 in that the mags fits in exactly like a L96 rifle and in the correct place too. The clones don't, so in the end don't actually look like a L96.

I honestly wouldn't recommend none of them to use straight out of the box, but if you must have one then the TM is best.
                    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

after reading these and shopping around, i have to ask what the best alternative is, all i really want on the sniper is a bolt. i just prefer l96s thats all.

Comment

All boils down to cash. Out of the box with no upgrades and straight onto the field, I have to say the DSR1 by Ares is the best.

Although I have tried other guys guns and liked them, they have nearly all been massively upgraded to perform as they do. The DSR consistently hit targets at 90mts+ (eye witness accounts from users on this forum to verify).

Nothing at all has been upgraded internally, although I do have a CO2 kit but it is seldom used. Pick one up for about £300-£350 secondhand.

To be honest you aint going to get a decent performing Bolt action Sniper rifle out of the box for less than 400 nicker.

If you are going to the Mall on Sunday I can have the wife drop my DSR off to let you see what I mean (I'm working but she will be there with the UNIT13 guys)
                        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

dont buy cheap
                          i made that mistake and the cocking handle got blown of the back of the cylinder due to the overpowered stock springs
                          you cant have a decent bolt action without spending as said above, best way buy the tm,
                          then use it as a project upgrading it little by little as and when you can =]

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jonny lovegrove Marshal @ ZED Adventures: The Mall - RIP 2018 Find out more about jonny lovegrove
                          Working...
                          X