Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dboys Vs Classic Army gearbox

Originally posted by waltzinblack View Post
    For a minute I thought this thread was a joke, I'm glad you're comparing Dboys to Sportline CA, otherwise much FUUUUU would have happened.

Dboys gearboxes from the factory are usually not a lot better than using cheese, but Sportline Classic Army aren't great either. I'd say the CA is more likely to have been produced with better quality control, but because it's not a proline it won't be great quality.

I'd say either, but they'd both run well if shimmed and regreased properly. Make sure you really give them a good clean though, CA grease isn't great, and I think Dboys just pump sewage into their gearboxes in the factory.
    Made Me Laugh :P good description

Comment

Re: Dboys Vs Classic Army gearbox

CA all day long...

Its all about the base.. if the base / casing is good then the parts have more chance of lasting in the long term. Simply put chinese casing have off set bearing holes, potentially off sizing. Combined with the low cost parts. The CA starts off on a stronger more trust worthy footing.

I have no problem owning CA guns. Its a solid base. I however wouldnt ever buy a dboys.

Just because a company fits 7mm bearings doesnt make it good. Reminds of the cup holder race in cars, the company who could fit the most cup holders in a car design, was expected to get the most sales..

Look past the hype, quality and control is key, from a good base you can do anything and fit anything without any fear of a compatbility issue, from sizing. Pimp a lada its still a lada.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Skeletor RUAS (Reading University Airsoft) President 2010/11 Treasurer 2011/2012 Find out more about Skeletor
      Working...
      X