Galaxy MP5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galaxy MP5

I am considering buying a Galaxy MP5 off someone on the forum and I have never had any experience with the make Galaxy and was wondering what their like.
    thanks
    Rory

Re: Galaxy MP5

Generally quite good, I used to own one, As long as its in good condition, However they are cheap enough to buy brand new and soem place give 12 months warranty for piece of mind
    AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

galaxy are all right.. not quite as good as JG but i once owned the galaxy mp5k as it was miss sold as a tm mp5k.. and it seemed to do the job
      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Yep they're generally quite good. For me, don't know about others; the fire selector can sometimes become quite loose.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I've got a Galaxy MP5K ... its not seen an awful amount of use... but straight out the box it was firing 340 ish... Which is rather a lot considering I was expecting to use it as a sort of short ranged backup pistol'y type thing... Having since taken it apart, it has quite a hard spring in it... given that, the rof it achieves (nothing special in itself) is rather good.
          The only things I would say against it are: The sling loop is crap. They break really easily. Made of brass, its quite solid, but the loop itself is prone to coming off as it just pinches the swivel section... I replaced mine with a steel swivel pin, and a split ring... Considerably better. Another thing, is that the hop rubber needs changing. It works pretty nicely as standard, but a new rubber makes a world of difference. Finally, the highcap magazine it came with was a bit nasty... It wasnt painted inside, and subsequently rusted to hell. Feeds fine even still. I just dont want to use it.
          Other than those points... Galaxy make some very reasonable and effective MP5s ...

Edit: Just noticed; Fire selector on mine was ok. Though now I have fitted a metal body it is a touch on the loose side. Some medium strength threadlock on it, and its retaining screw helped a bit.

Comment

the Galaxy Mp5k is a STUNNING gun!!

Ive had mine a number of years and I can use it as a Primary weapon or Secondary, With a battery sling you have got yourself a proper LMG!! :D its light you can shoot it one handed, its simply great when you consider what you pay for other brands of this gun. It works flawlessly and range is pretty damn good for a SMG. With a 9.6V battery on a sling you got a great weapon!
            You Know When You've Been Deagled!

Comment

As everyone else has already said it is a solid gun and very reliable.

The internal wiring is horrible but it does the job.

Also my fire selector broke off but it's an £8 fix to get a new TM one.

Overall the guns well worth the money.

Comment

Get one they are VVVV good.

Comment

Recently got hold of the "Charger" Varient, The one with the M4 retractable stock . And It is a great bit of kit for what you pay for.

Though I will echo MajorLandmark on the fact that they can be a little "Hot" out of the box.

ATJ :D
                  'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
                  Look on my works Ye Mighty, and despair!'

Comment

This was my first gun and i got rid of it as soon as i could, the hop-up is awful, it goes no where and then flies skywards, its not just me at my site I know three people who HAD them but hated the extreme hop-up and got rid. AND its not like you can adjust it as the kick of the gun firing knocks the switch forward so it jst turn on soo much. AND with the "charger" one its soo much hassle to get to the hop-up and battery its really not worth it save a bit longer and buy a decent make. There more expensive for a reason. Trust me i wish I had.

Comment

They are Good as said above
                      But I'd suggest a NEW gun with WARRENTY
                      But if not then Go for it:p
                      To the man who would be king, I will say only one thing

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tovell2121 Find out more about tovell2121
                      Working...
                      X