Air Mail from Tokyo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Mail from Tokyo

Just wondering if anyone has experience with things being sent via air mail from Tokyo? How reliable is it? What kind of delivery time are we talking?

Originally posted by Tiercel
    I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Re: Air Mail from Tokyo

I get some of my AEG and VSR10 custom parts in Japan. Normally you don't get tax for small items.

Comment

Dont bank on it though i got slammed for a NPAS thats no bigger than the tip of my little finger.
      Im told i was unlucky (bloody right) just be prepared.
      Delivery times are great from asia in my experience its this end that all the delays happen.

Comment

Delivery varies mate. I ordered some Rails for my G36. It took well over a month to turn up. I ordered a forward grip flashlight the other week and took about 11 days to arrive. It completely varies.
        But I agree, small items you won't get taxed on.

The Unit-13 Vipers are Recruiting
        Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Uni...92968847384478
        UK Airsoft Wiki Moderator

Comment

Ordering from HK etc is much faster and more reliable than ordering from the UK in most cases.

Comment

So I guess it depends eh? I'm ordering a TK Twist barrel...

Tisane, do you know what they taxed you for?

Comment

Originally posted by ShauG36C View Post
              Delivery varies mate. I ordered some Rails for my G36. It took well over a month to turn up. I ordered a forward grip flashlight the other week and took about 11 days to arrive. It completely varies.
              But I agree, small items you won't get taxed on.
              this is true. had some items take about 3 weeks. a flashlight got here in 6 days! no idea how though
              TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Also, has anyone ever had something lost or seized by customs?

Comment

customs will only hold something if it's something you should legally be getting into the country or require evidence of right to do so.

For airsoft this means anything but a RIF will go through customs (however anything can get charged for customs but this will only hold it up as long as it takes to pay the charges to your courier and usually only occurs on items over £18/£40 gift marked)

For RIFs they may seize them if there is no supporting documents with the RIF to prove the addressee has UKARA at which point they will hold it till the person provides evidence they are covered.

However if you provide UKARA detailers to the sender and they put this on the package there should be minimal hold up, for example I provided my UKARA number and the name of the site this was gained from when I bought a VZ61 the other week and customs phoned the site owner (did not provide this they must have got it themselves which is nice!) who then confirmed I was UKARA registered and they sent the package on immediately to the delivery company.

Sadly due to the weather I have yet to get my customs letter or been able to get parcelfarce on the phone to get this to pay my customs charges/pick up the RIF from my local depo where it’s currently sitting!
                  Originally posted by Fenriz
                  I deliberately and maliciously gun for anyone running a boxmag in any weapon that's not a proper support weapon. It's sick and wrong, and people that do it should be put on a register...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KaRcop I'm a pilot. Find out more about KaRcop
                  Working...
                  X