Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Lower fps and lighter bb's or higher and heavier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower fps and lighter bb's or higher and heavier?

Hey have a G&P M4 on the way and it should be firing 360-370 (within my site limits) and was wondering whether im better off running .23's or .25's in it? or downgrading to a nice 330-340 and running .2's and .23's. Which would be more accurate? and i think i read running to low of a spring over-strains the motor? Thanks
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Re: Lower fps and lighter bb's or higher and heavier?

If 360-370 is within your sight limits I don't see any point in downgrading, and go for .25s, more weight, more accuracy, think of it this way, you don't see people using snipers using .2s do you?
    WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

If it is within your site limits, I would try different weights and find one that suits the gun best. Probably 0.25's or even 0.28's. Give them a try see what you think.

If it was mine I wouldn't down grade it. So long as I could use it on my local site.
      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Midas' post made me think, at 370 you are probably verging on .28s being a better option, but you should try using both and see how it performs with them. And where are you playing where 370 is within the site limits?
        WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

Pheonix airsoft but might be downgrading this anyway for use in CQB also any idea of FPS with .28's?
          I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Comment

A lot of sites require a chrono with .2s though

Comment

well if it's ok on 0.2s then crack on mate.
              in my g3 i used to use .3s effectively at 365 fps w/0.2s
              trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

There are not many sites near me only 3 (to my knowing) 1 is a CQB site and the other 2 woodland probably won't be visiting the CQB so it might stick for woodland. Also any adverse affects from constantly changing springs? E.G. Changing springs the day before for CQB? thanks also anything on fps with .28's?

Comment

seems people arent understanding the heavier ammo/fps.
                  Easiest way to explain, using a heavier weight ammo will drop fps, but it will increase jules which is the hitting power of bb.
                  So using a heavier ammo to trick the chrono into reading under site limits is not acceptable.
                  My sniper rifle fires at approx 480 fps on a .2, on a .4 it chronos at about 350, but with .4 its carrying over 2 jules of energy due to its heavier weight so when that hits, it feels like a marble hitting you, also a .2 will slow down alot quicker as less energy stored so went hit as hard.

Originally posted by Metalbody
                  pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

I think i may invest in one of the variety packs so to speak that are on the web so a 200-500 load of each weight so i can take it out to my field (not airsoft field private land) and test them all at 20-30-40-50m (doubt i'll hit the last 2 ) thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by private parts View Post
                      seems people arent understanding the heavier ammo/fps.
                      Easiest way to explain, using a heavier weight ammo will drop fps, but it will increase jules which is the hitting power of bb.
                      So using a heavier ammo to trick the chrono into reading under site limits is not acceptable.
                      My sniper rifle fires at approx 480 fps on a .2, on a .4 it chronos at about 350, but with .4 its carrying over 2 jules of energy due to its heavier weight so when that hits, it feels like a marble hitting you, also a .2 will slow down alot quicker as less energy stored so went hit as hard.
                      I understand this but surely if FPS slowed to a crawl it would take longer to reach a target? although im unsure on how much of a difference it would make.

Comment

The bottom line is what is you sites FPS limit?

If it is 350, you can't use heavier ammo to fool the crono.

Comment

My sites fps limit is 370, as stated in the OP

Originally posted by Nadrian View Post
                          Hey have a G&P M4 on the way and it should be firing 360-370 (within my site limits)

Comment

A heavier bb wont increase the energy of the bb (Joules) a .2 going at 370 would have exactly the same energy as a .25 going at 330.

Yes it will take longer to get there, but it will be less inclined to be affected by wind, and will have greater rotational momentum and therefore stability in flight leading to better accuracy.

You will probably find one weight of bb works best with your hop, go with that I would suggest.

Comment

explain this then? my sniper rifle chrono'd with .43s

Originally posted by Metalbody
                              pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nadrian Find out more about Nadrian
                              Working...
                              X