Co2 pistols reducing FPS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co2 pistols reducing FPS ?

Hi I am considering getting a co2 pistol as I have loads of the 12g co2 capsules.

I have heard (can't remember where now ) that it is possible to reduce internally their power by adjusting a valve presumably ?
    Does anyone know if this is true please and how ?

Cheers Foxxy.

Re: Co2 pistols reducing FPS ?

Not really no...

Generally those cheap market stall "airsoft" pistols you see that run off 12g CO2 capsules fire at about 5-600fps. It is possible to some extent to lower the FPS by using a lower pressure capsule but its not very accurate.

Save your money and get a decent real airsoft pistol.

Comment

Hi thanks.
      I already own a Hicapa 5.1 GBB.

Its just I have about 80-100 Co2 capsules and fancied giving a Co2 pistol a go. The ones I have been looking at are £60-£100 with metal slides etc and are 380+ fps wise, which is higher than what I want.
      As advertised they will shoot 200-250 BBs per capsule. So other than reloading ammo your sorted for the day. No need to carry cans of gas , no having to re gas your mag in the middle of a game, no hissing sounds for the opfor to hear etc etc. I don't know about you but that all rather appeals to me.

Thanks Foxxy

Comment

Oh yes it does have its benefits, and it works better in the cold. However most of them will be insanely hot FPS which you cant really do much about, you may as well just put your money down the drain because nowhere will let you use them. Most of the sites I play at have banned CO2 capsule weapons because of this.

If you dont want to worry about hissing mags and bottles of gas in the middle of a skirmish, simple, save your money and buy more mags for your hicappa instead of a nasty cheap CO2 pistol!

If you really want to find a use for those CO2 capsules, have a look for some CO2 thunder grenades, theyre reuseable grenades you put one of those capsules in and they go boom! :P

Comment

There are ways to reduce the fps of co2 airsoft guns .NBB's you can reduce the power by using less power full hammer springs ,and reducing the flow of gas through the nozzel . GBB you can put a weaker spring in the cut off valve in the bbu

Comment

Hmm lol Tiercel I gather you're not a fan of Co2 pistols then !

Yes so I gather re sites not allowing them, shame that some of them are not made UK site friendly.

I like your idea re thunder grenades but unfortunately the site I play at only allow the grenades they sell.

Thanks for the tips Heroshark I will have to look into that. I may well get one of the cheaper ones just to have a play with and see if anything can be done re reducing the pressure. The ones I am looking at are NBBs so from what you are saying I need to be looking at the hammer spring ?
            Or how do I go about reducing the flow of gas through the nozzle please ?

Sorry if I am being dense here but I have to admit whist I have been inside my Aegs etc I haven't delved inside gas guns so if anybody has specifics re a Co2 pistol I would be grateful .

Thanks again people cheers Foxxy

Comment

Could buy a KSC or KWA Glock with some of the new C02 mags!

Crono'ing in around 100m/s (328fps)

Comment

if your going nbb easiest way is to take the stock hammer spring, of which are often a torsion type .And bend the arms in little by little to get the required fps

Comment

Hi Jagillham
                  Hmm just watched the vid and read your thread very interesting me like lots : )
                  As I thought just reload and go thats what I like about them.

Just the high fps issue to sort.

Ok thanks Heroshark helpful to know.

Cheers Foxxy.
                  Last edited by Foxxy; 13 December, 2010, 21:29. Reason: add another thankyou.

Comment

They showing 328fps there, so should pass any site crono

Comment

KJW make co2 colt 1911's,SVI, and hi capa that run at around 320-350fps. They can run normal magazines aswell. Think they also make co2 Beretta's.

The early version from last year did seem to get mixed reports from reviews. Some people reporting problem with kjw co2 mags. Some people singing there praises. I would think by know KJW would of sorted these problems. Most parts on the actual gun can by replaced to tuned with tm hi capa parts.

I'm gonna be getting a CO2 KJW Hi capa in the new year. For all the positive reasons mentioned.
                      "Sometimes seen but never heard"

Comment

Seems I am not alone : )

Thanks Dave1 and all.

Cheers Foxxy.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Foxxy Deluded that I actually know what I am doing at airsoft, oh well at least I get some fresh air. Find out more about Foxxy
                        Working...
                        X