refund help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• refund help

i sold a gun on here a while back (5 weeks). and i recieved a e-mail from the buyer saying he wants to send it back and he doesnt like how it performs.
    legally what should i do?

Re: refund help

give us some more information

the issue he says is wrong, also what you specified in the add. - did you say it worked fine ?

after 5 weeks theres alot that could have happened.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf View Post
      give us some more information

the issue he says is wrong, also what you specified in the add. - did you say it worked fine ?

after 5 weeks theres alot that could have happened.
      it worked fine when i sent it but it may have been damaged in the post.
      the barrel seemed to have slipped out of the hop up unit

Comment

well - he should have mentioned that as soon as he found it IE within a week or when he received it.
        sigpic

Comment

Barrels don't just slip from hop units, unless incorrectly installed or tampered with!

Unless it is faulty, and was working on arrival.... you need do nothing.

Comment

well he said that it dident have much range so had a tech strip it down and repair it.
            RE: the barrel not too sure if it was the barrel that slipped or the rubber had slipped

Comment

and hes waited 5 weeks?

you may feel guilty but you are under no obligation to do anything after over a month
              sigpic

Comment

Yep 'jog on Panyo' springs to mind, the tech was more than likely him (first rule of trying to claim back, it wasnt you who opened it up), and didnt put it back together properly.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Yeah, don't be suckered by it. Seriously, if it was a legitimate claim he should have brought it up a lot, lot sooner than now.
                  Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

well it was after 2 weeks he said the range was poor and gad a gun tech open it up and reseat the hop up rubber.
                    well it's not that theres anything wrong with it now, but he says it's not what he was expecting as a rifle and wants a refund

Comment

Time frame is not really important. They second they opened it up without saying "hey this does not work, shall I send it back or take a look?" your obligation ended.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                        Time frame is not really important. They second they opened it up without saying "hey this does not work, shall I send it back or take a look?" your obligation ended.
                        thank you.
                        he said to me it dident work as expected and he had left it with a gun tech

Comment

If he'd have asked for a refund straight away then fair do's, but the moment he tinkers or sends to an airsmith he's taken responsibility for it and that's you 'off the hook', so to speak.

/thread.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Sounds like it's sorted but it's not what he wanted perhaps?
                              Did the techy cost him?
                              What rifle was it BTW?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kris01 my name is kristian and want to join the royal marines Find out more about kris01
                              Working...
                              X