KAC PDW, DBOYs or VFC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KAC PDW, DBOYs or VFC?

want to buy a PDW, is it worth shedding out the extra cash for the VFC one?

can anyone tell me what the build quality is like internally and externally on the Dboys?

sorry if theres already a topic for this, the search function on this site is dreaful

cheers

Re: KAC PDW, DBOYs or VFC?

if you have the money, splash out for the more expensive one. Especially if its VFC. You wont regret it.

Comment

yeah iv got the VFC ak74, so i know the VFC one is going to be a good buy, its not going to get that much use thjough tbh, just really fancy getting one

Comment

VFC externals are awesome but the internals are dire.

Dboys externals are good but not as nice but the internals are actually better than the VFC chocolate

Comment

and thats the reason I went for the Dboys. I dare say it feels like it performs better than G&P Sentry sometimes

Comment

Something i didnt think id hear lol!
            sigpic

Comment

sad but true mate, VFC internals are shocking and I have said I will never warranty any repairs I do on them.
              Same with ICS to be honest

Comment

didnt expect that at all! i read reviews on the dboys gearboxs being better quality nowdays, i brought a dboys when they first came out and they were abit shoddy, but theyve obviously up'd their game abit!

Comment

I must have been lucky then.

Apart from the same part (bevel gear) failing in two PDWs at the same time and from the same batch, and which VFC replaced within days, I've had no problems whatsoever with the quality of internals on three AKs and two PDWs. One PDW and my AKS74U are used exclusively with 11.1 lipos

Granted, a motor brush and trigger switch burnt out on one of the PDWs, but that was after heavy use with an 11.v lipo and only to be expected of any RiF.

It is also apparent (comparing mine with older models) that many of the internal parts have been upgraded/changed, so it pays to make sure you are buying current new stock.

Personally, I love VFC RiFs. Externals are great, internals have not been a problem for me (and much less so that any China make, ICS, G&P etc) and after sales service actually exists
                  AdeUK

Comment

OP what ever you get let us know cause im after a PDW.... :D
                    sigpic
                    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=6155

Comment

yeah,my vfc AK74 is superb! but then a friend brought the same and had a whole heap of trouble with it.
                      dboys is looking the way forward at the moment, seeing as its not going to be getting much abuse at all.

Comment

the externals on my dboys one were great but i didnt like the internals at all, the stock hop especialy was kack
                        sigpic

Comment

i've recently sold my dboys kacpdw, one of the most comfortable rifs i've ever owned! regret selling it now, as mentiond above the stock hop is kack, but i replaced the hop rubber with a tm one and replaced all the hop up housing using bits from a G&P sentry, once i did that it was pretty good.

Comment

I have both the VFC and Dboys pdw

VFC in every way beats the dboys even the internals

dboy-motor burnt out, trigger switch broke, hop unit problems, bucking and hop issues poor metal work (snaped the reciever where the fake lugs are)

VFC- no problems what so ever

Both used equally

Will be selling my VFC one if anyone is interested

Comment

What I would want to know is how the WE Open Bolt PDW compares with the VFC in terms of build quality and realism only.
                              WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kaptainmarc Find out more about kaptainmarc
                              Working...
                              X