Sniping with a gbb rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniping with a gbb rifle?

Hello all. I have done a fair bit of urban cqb in bristol but i just moved down to Bournemouth and want to get into woodland sniping.

I currently have a RA Tech Custom HK416, running Co2. Installing an 509mm inner barrel instead of the 360mm. I presume in order to use it as a sniper on sites with the higher fps limit i would need to lock it to semi only?

The site rules pdf states "500fps for bolt-action, single shot rifles tested with a 0.20g 6mm plastic bb." does that mean bolt-action or single shot? bit unsure heh.

Any advice would be fantastic.
    Thanks
    RA Custom Co2 HK416 DMR Project

Re: Sniping with a gbb rifle?

425 If semi at GZW IIRC.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

usually thast means bolt action. semi auto rifles are usually restricted to 370-400 fps on many sites and often require some sort of delay to prevent rapid firing.

You don't need mega fps to snipe properly and if you do want to snipe properly I would suggest a spring sniper rifle rather than your 416.

Even gas sniper rifles are less consistant shot to shot than spring versions

Comment

IMO, an AEG is more suited than a GBB, you can get some amazing results with a fine tuned AEG, but spring is your best bet when sniping :p

Comment

I dont know why im just a gas/Co2 man heh. Also i dont really like the sound of AEG's zip zip zip i prefer pop pop pop stupid as it sounds....

Comment

Well if you're going for the shooting experience I don't think you'll do well sniping with a 416, you might have better luck with a full sized M16, or an M14 and even then it's more of a DMR role. That's my advice :p

Comment

Alternatively, get your hands on a gas boltie. With the right upgrades they can shoot extremely well. And you get the realism you're used to with you GBBR.

Comment

That's very true, I was considering getting one myself but the stories of consistency on green gas put me off

Comment

Guys, he is not asking for advice on a new gun. He asking about site FPS restrictions.

Yes, unless under 350 semi auto and a ~30m MED is needed. And a 425 max.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                  A brain?
                  Originally posted by snuff
                  Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. I have to admit it has got me thinking stick with m16 length 350fps 416. The pick up a low cost springer and upgrade maby a vsr-10 or go for a gas bolt rifle. If it was Gas i would convert it to Co2 anyhow and do all the upgrades needed.
                    Its just trying to find the right base to start from. So any gun advice is more than welcome in the end of the day the more you know the better!

Comment

Check that they allow CO2 where you want to play. It's not always the case that they do...

Comment

I have to admit i love the m14 if i went for any it would be a WE M14 but then again same problem its full/semi and not really a real sniper.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nighthawk Find out more about Nighthawk
                        Working...
                        X