zeroing in a red dot sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zeroing in a red dot sight

Hey all got bought a g&p red dot sight for my birthday, going to stick it over the weekend and have a little tinker.

Mainly play CQB so i'd be interested to know what sort of distances i should be setting up markers in order to get the optimum accuracy for range.

any help would be appreciated

Re: zeroing in a red dot sight

Id say 15-20 meters, probably not gonna be engaging at any further than that for CQB. Though to be honest the chances of zeroing an airsoft weapon so that the bb hits the red dot each time every time are very very slim.

Comment

Cheers !

Comment

I usually set mine to max range, watch the bb through the sight. It probably won't deviate that much so you would be able to hit a chest size target pretty much any distance. Up to where it starts to drop off.

Set your hop how you like to use it. Some like to use the hop to set the flight path as flat as possible then set the sight at the range where the bb drops.

Or how I do mine, is set the hop so you get a little rise on the bb at arround max range then it drops. Somewhere arround the drop is where I zero my sights.

The second option will give a slight advantage in distance, with a slight dissadvantage in accuracy.

Obviously don't forget than any slight draft or weather will add to inaccuracy. Let alone a windy day.
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

If you want accurate..buy a laser bore sighter..its a laser that goes inside your barrel and from there you can focus you red-dot sight to how far you want to shoot.
          For example I have my eotech set to for further distances..but my laser on my peq box is set to closer ranges and i tell you its accurate!...
          Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

On my G&P I just have to match the red dot with the iron sights.

Comment

Ive got the same sight on my TM M4 mate. At 15 metres im getting a grouping of around 1.5 inches on semi auto which i was amazed with. So even doubleing that distance you would still hit a man size target.
              USMC are that awesome even Katy Perry wears MARPAT!!

Semper Fi Mofo!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sickboy76 Find out more about sickboy76
              Working...
              X