Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Rifle, What to do?

Dear All,

I am going to buy myself a Gas Rifle, I am after a M4,M16.

I have been looking around and can only see AGM and WE. From what i understand they are made by the same buys just rebranded, am i right or wrong here?

If i am not correct on the above point which one is better?

Should i go for the Co2 version or stick with standard?

Can i use compressed gas (from my dive bottle) in the standard mags as it is cheaper than using co2 bulbs for the co2 mags?

Any advise on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Regards and MERRY CHRISTMAS

Nick

Re: Gas Rifle, What to do?

Any reason why you want an M16/M4? The WE G39 that has now become the best GBBR around to most people only costs £200!

Comment

yh the we g36's look really good tbh and work in the cold (obviously not too cold). Or maybe even an m14

EDIT: or you could even get muzzy to build one for you but it would be abit more expensive..
      Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.

Originally posted by Bezza806
      I always thought anime had to involve girls, tentacles and some sort of bondage.....?

Comment

dont like the look of the G39 to be honest. Ohh and i cant stand M14's.

Comment

go for co2 as more efficiant but more powerfull and will need regulating ,but deffo no on the dive bottle unless you was to blow yourself up this is for airguns only.
          p.s some sites wont allow co2 weapons to be used
          m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Check with your site to confirm they'll let you use co2, and if they do then you need to do is find a way to regulate it.
            I'm not really into co2 tbh, but that's what I understand of it :p

Comment

WE and AGM are definitely NOT the same brand. AGM is a clone of the WA (except with a metal body), and the WE runs on a slightly different system.

Comment

get a g&p/WA and run it on propane. get an n-pas then style away and put whatever crap you want on it, ie. torch, sight, grip...etc...

edit: apparently the hop is naff on we m4's
                Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.

Originally posted by Bezza806
                I always thought anime had to involve girls, tentacles and some sort of bondage.....?

Comment

They may not be the same brand ( I didn't even notice he said they were :p )
                  but credit to AGM where it's due, I had one of their CQB M4's untill recently and the thing was built like a tank :D
                  Saying that, the hop was awful...

Comment

Originally posted by screwdriver View Post
                    go for co2 as more efficiant but more powerfull and will need regulating ,but deffo no on the dive bottle unless you was to blow yourself up this is for airguns only.
                    p.s some sites wont allow co2 weapons to be used
                    Why couldn't you use a reservoir and fill it up with a divers bottle. I was thinking of getting someone to make one for me. There is a shooting ground near Leicester and the gunsmith used to be a complete genius, turned my 2 shot webley raider to take the 10 shot theoban mags, just milled the barrel, his words...lol... So long as the res was properly made and could be fitted with an ajustable regulater, it should be fine. I wouldn't think it would need filling to more than 200 psi anyway.
                    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

i origionally thought you meant filling the gas mag off a divers bottle.
                      unless you run an external air rig the size of air resevoir that could still fit in the gun would give you about 15 shots max.
                      you would still require 2000psi of stored pressure in the cylinder to operate and this may still be to low to operate the blowback correctly.
                      all valving would require modification to handle increased pressure and jetting would be wrong as co2 operates totally differently to compressed air.
                      co2 is stored in the powerlet at low pressure ,as the gun fires a droplet of co2 is released into the chamber and at around 20 degrees c this droplet will rapidly expand generating a gas at about 850psi of pressure behind the bb
                      m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Ahh...I may have missled you there a bit. I wasn't considering blow back...One step at a time I was thinking.

Single shot rifle running off of an internal regulated resovoir.

Same principle as the airguns.

Sorry to the op for hijacking, but I am really interested in doing something like this.
                        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

i have a m4 real action marker ,this has had the availiable airsoft conversion from rap4 fitted.
                          instead of a stock tube these have a 88gram co2 bottle fitted to the back of them which the stock slides over this gives around 150 shots
                          ive changed this for a regulated compressed air version same size as the 88 gram cylinder which at 2000psi still only gives about 30 shots and this gun isnt blowback

Comment

I've got 2 WE M4's and I really like them.
                            I've also got a WE KAC PDW open bolt which is superb as well.
                            Not had any problems with them and I run on co2 with the npas.
                            The mags need a bit of care to keep leak free and the casings are easily dented but apart from that they are great.
                            Make sure you get a later one with the beefed up internals for co2.
                            You only have 30 round mags but if you just change your game style a bit it's not a problem, I actually prefer playing with the smaller mags now.

I've seen a compressed air conversion for Co2 'air' rifles / pistols which is looks exactly like a co2 bulb with a fill valve on the side.
                            No idea if it would be suitable for airsoft.
                            I would guess it would fit though but you would need to drill a hole in the side of the mag casing for the fill valve.
                            Last edited by shooter; 19 December, 2010, 20:47.

Comment

There's also the KJW M4 to consider, which gets some good write-ups, the only downside being the current lack of third party spares.

As someone above mentioned though, the G&P/WAs are well worth a look, I have a WOC myself, it's a beautiful gun and there are tons of aftermarket upgrades available.

If you have money to spend on it, Viper guns get good reports too...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nick Find out more about nick
                              Working...
                              X