AK HUTU mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK HUTU mod

I've been thinking about doing this for a while now and I finally found the time to start it.
    The idea is to have 3 Ultra-Violet LEDs mounted in the hop unit, so they shine directly onto the BBs as they feed into the hop, just before they're fired, and to have them powered by 2 AA/AAA cells through a micro reed switch activated by a Neodymium magnet mounted in the top of the mag.
    UV LEDs make tracer BBs glow brighter than an equivalent white LED (even though the LEDs are not very bright to look at), and they glow for longer too.

Parts required;
    1. 3 x 3mm UV LEDs
    2. AA/AAA cell holders
    3.light duty equipment wire and shrink-wrap to suit.
    I got all the parts from Maplins
    First job is to drill the 3.5mm holes in the hop, one just behind the adjuster assembly, the other two in the feed tube itself, front and back.

Form the 'legs' of the top LED so they sit to the left of the hop adjuster assembly, and trim them a little, then solder on a length of wire to each leg (+ve is the long leg...before you trimmed them )
    Then, epoxy the top LED into the hole so it's pointing down into the feed tube.

Then epoxy the other two in place, form the 'legs' (when the epoxy is set) to suit your wiring layout.

Make sure the LEDs don't protrude into the path of the BBs.

I wrapped a 6mm drill shank in tape until it was a snug fit in the feed tube, and left it in place until the epoxy was set.
    It works really well, semi or full auto.
    If I can borrow a decent camcorder I'll get a video done and post it up on YouTube.
    My little camera won't pick up the BBs in the dark. Sad
    trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

About the Author

Collapse

ste887 Find out more about ste887
Working...
X