Poor MP5k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor MP5k

So, its a sad day! I bought my galaxy MP5k a fair while ago, and its bitten the dust! The internals are fine, but the outer body is not going to last much longer!

As this is an AEG I love using, do you guys think I should replace the outer body with a CA one, buy a CYMA for £150 or get a CA B&T for ~£205 (if I can find one that is)..

I will not buy a TM one, as I am fed up with ABS bodies giving up the ghost!

Currently, I am leaning towards the newer AEG and using mine for spares..

Anyhews, ideas and thoughts!
    New CA metal upper
    19.35%
    New CYMA MP5k
    29.03%
    New CA B&T MP5k
    51.61%

Re: Poor MP5k

pm sent

Comment

if you have the money, by all means get the CA but i think the cyma will last longer, i have had mine for over 2 years.
      old trader rating link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10627

Comment

Wheres the duct-tape option?
        Build quality I reckon CA B&T, but if you don't want to spend that much and you love your gun anyway, just buy a new upper

Comment

Sadly, I have already tried to glue it back together, and although this did work the ABS is just coming apart slowly but surely!

I bought this as a cheapo backup, but have grown to love it

Comment

good luck finding a CA mp5k I cant find any in stock on z1 or any where else for that matter

Comment

apparently cassic army are having "legal troubles" just now.
              sigpic

Comment

I can just see the sales thread....Full custom build...Ex con...sorry excellent condition...lol..

Classic Army all the way....
                Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Just call the supporting guys - a new full metal body is just over the ton mark and you have a gun you know and it only takes 25mins to do the swap.
                  And the noise they make is awesome
                  Originally posted by mr lean 81
                  painting is part of a manufacturing process, you dont buy a car without paint on it do you???

(unless its a DeLorean)

Comment

Tbh, that's why I love it! It kicks and for some reason is quite accurate!

I will be getting the body from HK as I have family there, so much, much less than a ton..

Midas, you know the score, I will strip it for bits and sell it as 'nearly new'

Comment

Im in exactly the same predicament, my galaxy mp5k has a huge cable around it to hold it together

Originally posted by Metalbody
                      pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

After a bit of investigation, it seems that the CA MP5k is no longer an option.. I am a left handed shooter due to a problem with my eyesight, as a result if I do buy an AEG it will have to be the CYMA.. Shame really, I know that the innards of the CA would have been a lot better

Comment

Why is it not an option?
                          Only reason would be if it has the wrong SEF lower on it.
                          Just change the outer for a metal one and you can still use the same gun. Its only the upper that you will change as all of the lowers are plastic.
                          painting is part of a manufacturing process, you dont buy a car without paint on it do you???

(unless its a DeLorean)

Comment

The CA MP5k comes with an A3 lower which is not ambidextrous, so if I was to get one (or find one for that matter) I would have to swap the Galaxy lower with the CA one.

I am going off getting just an upper for mine, as paying £40 over UK prices I can get the CYMA. If I can get one from HK, it will be considerably cheaper, but still.. shipping is always a gamble!

Comment

So back my original and only suggestion of simply taking 20mins to change to a metal upper.
                              The CA one fits straight on a Galaxy.
                              Also you can swap the selector over as well as the SEF has a blanking plug on one side.
                              You don't have to buy a new gun.
                              Pay attention though if you want to start messing with other parts as a standard MP5 lower is different to that of a K, as the K uses a 2.5 version gearbox

(unless its a DeLorean)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hopewell Find out more about Hopewell
                              Working...
                              X