Tm vs De Shotguns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tm vs De Shotguns

Is there much point in paying the extra money for a tokyo marui over the double eagle with their shotguns? The only point I can see paying the extra, is tm one's have a hop up which would really help with the range compared to the fixed de one. Is it really worth paying the extra?

Re: Tm vs De Shotguns

Well I think the fact is, with shotguns you're bound to use them in CQB more than in woodland so range is pointless, though my old DE shot around 30 metres.

Comment

my mate has a DE, its very very very very nice, decent range and he uses it in woodland!
      hasta la vista, baby

Comment

Originally posted by InFlamesFan View Post
        my mate has a DE, its very very very very nice, decent range and he uses it in woodland!
        +1. I've had a go with it and i loved it . The range is incredible you can hit people from a good 40 meter's with no trouble.
        Originally posted by murta369
        in soviet russia you remove the plastic from the paint.

Comment

Do TM ones feel strudier than DE shotguns? Do DE make clones of TM shotguns?

Comment

is tm one's have a hop up which would really help with the range compared to the fixed de one.
            TMs hops are also fixed. I had the Benelli Super 90 for a while, and it outranged my friends TM VSR, which was quite funny. The only DE one I used was pretty bad in most respects, although it may have been a lemon. If you've hot teh money get the TM, if not, a DE will do.

Comment

my friends DE is so-so. works pretty well but the build quality is pretty terrible (its plastic).

but for the price he paid its definitely a fair trade off.
              Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

The DE's are pretty much clones yes. The DE with the crane stock (M56DL) is a pile of toss, however the M56A is very sturdy. Both TM and DE use the same shells, so just depends really. As with all clones, it's possible to get a lemon.

But as said above, shotguns are very much a CQB weapon. They're fun, but not as effective, in woodland. Unless you're a sneaky sod.
                Altus Volo Mugio Extraho

Comment

If I were to take this thread literally, and get two completely identical shotguns, one by TM and one be DE, and smash them against each other in a sort of sword fight...

I know which one my moneys on to stay in one piece for the longest.

Generally speaking, I'd say you get what you pay for. If you are using it for CQB then the only thing that really matters between the two is reliability and cost. Pay more, and it'l last longer. Generally.

Comment

Ive got a DE m56 shorty full stock

and it for sure goes 30 odd meters!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakesclaws View Post
                      +1. I've had a go with it and i loved it . The range is incredible you can hit people from a good 40 meter's with no trouble.
                      Thank you, Thank you. Definitely a good buy, all it is, is a springer
                      Originally posted by hellbound
                      Magpul'ed guns wish they had Chuck Norris attachments

Comment

i have both the tm and the de, they have the following differences.
                        1//the metal parts on the tm are plastic on the de.
                        2//the ejection port on the tm is metal with a cocking handle (although it doesnt work) the de is a moulded part of the reciever.
                        3// al the internals are identical to the tm.
                        4//the de has more power.
                        5// the tm has alot better hop making it more suitiable to longer range use ,wheras the greater spread on the de is better for cqb.

if looked after the de is a very good gun ,although its not actually made anymore and its replacement is single shot only.

i installed a hop assembly in my de from an old tm 203 launcher and its range and accuracy now exceeds the tm one
                        m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

The DE one is very skirmishable. But the TM has a metal outer barrel, and generally feels more solid, sturdy and... dare I say it, expensive. Both work fine but if you can afford it, really think about going for the TM.

Also, you can do the hold the trigger and Pump rapid fire thing with the TM, the DE will not like you for it.
                          "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Another View Post
                            The DE one is very skirmishable. But the TM has a metal outer barrel, .
                            The DE has a metal outer barrel, id personaaly say get the DE, mine feels solid enough. only problem is the weight, or lack of, but thats only a minor niggle.

Comment

Which DE shottie are we talking about here? My DE M47 has adjustable hop on it. Makes a noticeable difference too.

Another - I slam fire mine a lot... Works a treat too. To be fair, it's a £20 cheap play thing. I'll mistreat it until the cows come home. if it breaks... Oh well.
                              The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Queboo12 Magpul User and Abuser Find out more about Queboo12
                              Working...
                              X