First AEG help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First AEG help

Im one game away from getting ukara'ed and have been looking at AEGs like a small child soon to be let upon a candy store XD

I have had a questions about the G&G Combat Machine AEG CM16 Carbine. I have used the forum search tool to on avail and would like to know does it take a standard M4 mag or do I have to get the G&G ones? As I have heard something to that avail.

I would also like to know which one is better the G&G m4 or MP5?
    It can be set on fire.

Re: First AEG help

both are good guns on that question, and you can use near on any decent brand mags init doesnt have to be G&G.

Comment

All M4 and MP5 types have their strengths and weaknesses. The MP5 would be ideal for CQB, but out of the box, possibly lack the range and accuracy of the M4. It would also give greater maneuverability.

The M4 would be a near opposite of this, giving a further range and better accuracy, in exchange for a heavier weight, lower maneuverability (depending on model). The M4 is easily customisable, with a built-in top rail, and under-side rails readily-available.

I would say that the M4 would be a better choice as a first AEG. The possibility of further range & accuracy, coupled with larger magazine capacity (for hi-caps) and readily-available or easy to obtain customisability, would give you a very nice investment.

Comment

What budget do you have? and do you have your own clothing and vests etc?
        www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

Oh dear oh dear.

Firstly lets start buy saying pretty much all airsoft weapons are the same inside, with a different shell on the outside.

Therefore somebody claiming MP5's are inferior performance wise to M4 (both use the exact same V2 gearbox!) is confusing the real weapon characteristics with airsoft.

So pick a model you like the look of, and a budget - and we should be able to advise which brand to get

Comment

Budget I wont know exactly until I get paid at the end of the month haha.
            As for what I do im at birttac cqb site so something more maneuverable would be better.

Rigging I already have sorted I use a belt platform and a yoke with mag space to spare.

Also I have heard that the M4 cronos at around 380-350 is there anything that I would be able to do to slow this down a little?
            It can be set on fire.

Comment

jagillham is 100% correct in what he says about m4/mp5 tistom. just go for the model you feel most comfortable with. if you're worried about the fps just phone or email the retailer before you order for peace of mind !!

Comment

Are you looking to buy new or second hand? If new, most shops will offer a service to install a "site friendly" spring.

For CQB anything which is short at the front is usually best, I'd be looking at:

- MP5's
                - P90
                - G36c
                - Shorter M4's
                - AK74u (and such like)

Comment

P90s have a non-rattling hi-cap.

Comment

I would personally plump for the M4, I have both MP5 and M4's and the M4 has the edge plus looks more military less SWAT (unless thats your style). Find a CQB M4 and you'll have best of both worlds. as a starter look at reliable brands that are affordable, Sportline from ICS, G&P do a similar plastic receiver system which knocks out 340fps and has the beauty of upgradable bodies, something the ICS struggles at. Or as stated you could go 2nd hand, but try to buy face to face, and ask the seller if you can try it if hes at the same site.
                    One thing that needs to be on your question list, is are the mags easily available? Catches out alot of newbies.

Comment

P90s have a non-rattling hi-cap.
                      But they feed like poo.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tistom Find out more about tistom
                      Working...
                      X