G&G or STAR UMP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G or STAR UMP?

I'm not a new player and neither is my mate, I just hate seeing these sort of threads in General Discussion.....

Basically my mate is wanting to get an UMP, he has an AGM MP007 or whatever-there-called sniper rifle and he's had constant problems with it so he wants a gun made by a "proper" company.

He's been doing a bit of research on it and so far seems to be swaying towards the G&G but I thought I would ask you guys as well.

What one would you recommend and why?

Cheers

Sean

Re: G&G or STAR UMP?

I've heard the Star has the nearest trade marks - if you're wanting accuracy - but it still has a lot of 'annoyances'. I'm after reviews of this latest UMP too.

Comment

I cant say much about the Star but I had the G&G briefly and it was fine, decent rof and very solid. Though why not give the DE version a go, from what I hear it is almost on a par with the G&G, just needs a downgrade.
      HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

I've owned both of them at some point.

Internally they're very simliar quality. I'd trust G&G slightly over STAR, but that's just my opinion. The G&G has a functioning bolt catch. It doesnt lockback after the last shot or blowback or anything like that, but if you pull back the charging handle and press on the bolt catch, the dust cover stays open until you hit the catch again. A cool feature.

On the STAR on, the bolt catch is a dummy, it doesn't work, which is annoying (there is a Version 3 gun that does have one, but the V1/2s don' t). However, the STAR mags have authenticated dummy rounds, and the G&G ones don't. I don't know if they are compatible.

I think trhe STAR one has a muzzle thread, the G&G one doesn't, but there is a QD silencer readily available that fits it.

Yes the STAR has trademarks, but they say "Hacklor and Kach" (I think). They're wrong anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets View Post
          However, the STAR mags have authenticated dummy rounds, and the G&G ones don't. I don't know if they are compatible.
          I heard earlier on Arnies, the "authentic" rounds are totally unrealistic?...

Comment

Maybe they are, but they satified my realism needs

Comment

ye the fake rounds are 9mm and not 45 rounds

Comment

only down side the hi-caps have stupidy too much round capacity 550-600rnds which is why they tend to not feed greatly, unless your more of "mid-cap" man then theirs no problem.

Edit- star mags are not compatible with the DE version, not sure about G&G though.

Comment

Well out of the two, purely based on reviews I've read and watched, go for the G&G version. Looks tasty.

However, as some people have said already, getting the DE version, and then upgrading it might be a good idea. Think someone on Youtube has got the DE running at 41 (or is it 31) rounds per second. Nice....

Regards, Matt.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

CA have also released a UMP, so that might be worth looking into as well.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chowder Head Find out more about Chowder Head
                    Working...
                    X