A tad random, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tad random, but...

... What headwear do you guys adopt for general play?

I'm talking non-sub arctic temperatures, where I'm presuming a watch cap would be standard.

I mean what's your preference?

Reason being I've recently switched to a woodland MARPAT kit with OD RICAS; I used to use a boonie when I had my DPM kit, but I used to get ripped something chronic for it!! Something to do with my jaw and the width of the brim making me look like Saturn (and not the Roman God either!)

Now the obvious choice for my new loadout would be a MARPAT boonie... However don't think I can bring myself to hear the "Saturn your arse again" in the safe zone!

Anyway, that's why; so over to you...
    Originally posted by andre the giant
    ...most of us like a balance of shooting and drinking tea.

Re: A tad random, but...

Any kind of comfy cap, or a thick hat if it's cold, and an Ushanka (russian) hat if it's very cold.

Comment

Originally posted by donkonious View Post
      Now the obvious choice for my new loadout would be a MARPAT boonie... However don't think I can bring myself to hear the "Saturn your arse again" in the safe zone!
      I wear a boonie when not in my WW2 gear, and I've never heard anything about Saturn.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
        I wear a boonie when not in my WW2 gear, and I've never heard anything about Saturn.
        What's the width of the brim? Mine's about 4 inches....

Comment

Got a tan baseball cap i use, helps keep the sun out of my eyes (i use mesh). Tried MICH and IBH bash hats, doesn't really do it for me. Although if i go back and play in UCAPs bunker i might

Comment

Dunno - it's standard US Mil Spec.

Comment

I wear a tan contractors cap with nearly everything. If you've got that sort of load out, a mich helmet would suit really well, not caps. Boonie/mich. There your options to be kit specific.

Comment

I wore this last game. Clashed with my green/black colour scheme, but it was fecking cold out...

Stuff Wanted!

Comment

i almost always wear a black vier ball cap,watch cap when it gets chilly but boonie has seen a run out with the dpm on occasion,my advice is if your happy wearing it then whats stopping you.
                  why cant we all just get along??

Comment

I think No1_sonuk nailed it as it goes...

My DPM boonie was a cheapo-repo... Guessing MilSpec would be a tad slimmer on the brim, so will start looking for them...

If anybody's got a tape measure handy and has a boonie, I'd be interested in the width...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

donkonious Northern man in a Southern world Find out more about donkonious
                    Working...
                    X