Eye & Face Protection - question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye & Face Protection - question

So I need to get some eye protection as I currently have none.

I stay on the side of caution and am looking for goggles rather than glasses, but want to get smaller, close fitting ones If I can.

Then there's the rest of my ugly mug I have to worry about so I was thinking of a mesh visor to start and then maybe move to a neoprene or bandana type mask when I become a bit more experienced.

So at the moment I'm thinking of this combination, any thoughts?

Guarder C4 Goggles

BBA Raider Mesh Mask

OR BBA Shadow Mesh Mask

The main thing I'm worried about with goggles is fogging - anyone have experience with the C4's?

Any ideas would be great.
    Last edited by Smithles; 15 January, 2011, 14:03.
    If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out.

Re: Eye & Face Protection - question

I wear a full face mesh mask. I've tried combinations of half-face, mesh goggles, ballistic glasses, shemaghs, scarves, head/neck warmers, and even t-shirts, but I much prefer a full face mask with a shemagh or something to cover my neck.

I don't like goggles as I play fast-paced CQB. Running around in the dark, with steamed up goggles is a recipe for disaster.

Everyone's different though, and there's pretty much something for everyone.
    Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Neoprene's are pretty much useless. Plus, the use of one will make the googles steam up more so.

Have you looked into mesh goggles? That could be an option, and I'd certainly choose it over the C4's.

I used to use the Issue ESS Advancer V12 goggles, but have since moved onto some Daisy C3 Glasses. Picked them up for about $10USD shipped. Took a hammer to one of the lens' and it didn't do any damage at all, so I'm happy.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I started out usuing paintball masks and things like that but quickly found the fogging was disastrous. Probabaly the best thing Ive ever worn for face protection so far was an S10 respirator, it never fogged but it could be a bit hard to breath through. Tomorrow Im goign to test out a combination of BOLLE spider glasses and a heroshark mesh mask, theres been no fogging in any tests Ive conducted here at home and it seemes to cover my face whilst being easily breathable. My suggestion is probably to go with a glasses and mesh combo, I prefer lenses for eyes due to the debate over splitting BBs and mesh for the mouth to stop fogging but also protect teeth

Edit: If you want a to buy anything with lenses make sure its EN166 safe, BOLLE do a class range of glasses that are close fitting, such as the "Tracker" glasses which Ive used and are completely airsoft proof, including the frames and are usually in and around a tenner off the bay of e
        Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

Hehe, mine probably aren't EN166 safe or whatever, but considering some crazy Russians shot at the glasses with a 9mm sidearm, I think I can safely say my eyes are going to be protected!

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

You looked at any of the mesh glasses by either Heroshark or Bitter End? Also I'm a fan of the Heroshark masks - keeps the teeth in place!

Full seal around the eye, and no chance of fogging up

One of the best buys I have made for airsoft :D

Here are mine in action! (That's me at the back!)

Comment

Guarder C4's have terrible weak frames, the pair I was borrowing cracked when I got hit from what i presumed was a sniper. They also fogged up all the time even when your not wearing mouth protection and have libeal amounts of antifog on. I really liked how low profile they were but they were just annoying.

Bought to a pair of ESS V12's and I've never looked back. I also wear these with the lower mesh facemask and have had no problems.

infact, there so good at not fogging up you can wear novelty facial disguises with them.

Last edited by Another; 15 January, 2011, 15:06.
              "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Think my ESS V12's must have needed a good few coats of anti fog then... I had modified mine to allow more air in, but could still fog up. Still, they have had quite a lot of use (almost 2 full years worth now) - with no anti fog applied in that time.

Comment

I did pull out all the foam from the vents except under the eyes, as I'm not really worried about sand and dust ingress in my british woods
                  "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

Comment

Yeah I had pulled out all the foam, and then you can see the air slots, right? However, there's little slats here; I simply cut these out so rather than having 4 or so smaller holes, it was one big one (so 4 big ones in total).

Comment

Same with removing the foam dust filters. I'd like to get some Mesh lenses for my V12's to give me the option.
                      Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
                      Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Heroshark will do them for you. I think he would require you to send off two original lens' though - ie the clear ones.

Comment

I just used the mesh goggles off Z1. They do the job fine for me and look the part.

Comment

Yeah, I thought he did. They're a bit further down my list after my HK416
                            Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
                            Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Never been a fan of Mesh eye pro since i had fragments blown into my eye. No damage caused luckily but I'm never taking the chance again.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Smithles Find out more about Smithles
                              Working...
                              X