Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a new pistol.

Hi guys,
    Just looking for a bit of advice concerning pistols, like which one is the best and pro's and con's of each one.
    Cheers
    Marui Desert Eagle
    13.04%
    Marui FN 5-7
    60.87%
    KSC USP .45
    26.09%
    TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
    TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Re: Looking for a new pistol.

TM hi capa 5.1
    Its what im getting
    Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
    Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Id go with the TM FN-5.7. Two reasons, firslt, I dont like KSC/KWA guns, Ive had nothing but trouble with them, theyre a pain in the ass to work on and get parts for and secondly because the 5.7 is awesome, this is why its awesome:

Ive got one, and out of all the pistols Ive owned, it is without a doubt the absolute best.

Pros:

- Its an uncommon gun, EVERYONES got a glock or an M9 or a 1911 or hicappa or a 226, not many people have a 5.7, youll get a few interested looks!

-Its got a mag the same size as the desert eagle, so it holds a LOT of gas. However unlike the desert eagle, it doesnt have a slide the same size and wieght of a small car, so its much more economical on the gas useage. Generally I can get 2-3 mags out of a single fill of gas

- Iit kicks like a beast and sounds good too

- It doesnt suffer from cooldown. At all. Not a sausage. Back in December I was using my 5.7, a friends TM Deagle and a TM P226 with metal kit, the 226 fired 1 shot before venting all the gas, the deagle wasnt much better, fired about 5 shots... the 5.7 just kept going and going and going, no venting at all. I dont know how this is, TM must have filled it with magic anime pixie dust.

- It is VERY accurate for a pistol, and has an adjustable hop

- has a rail to allow lights lasers and other toys

- VERY comfortable to hold, the grip is very ergonomic

- Ambidexterous controls, it has a safety on both sides and can be wieldeed comfotrably in either hand. Even the mag release catch can be reomved and put on the other side if you want to use it left handed.

Cons:

- Its a marmite gun, you either LOVE how it looks, or hate it. I love it.

- Its new, not very popular (yet! I cant see why not!) so getting spare parts for it can be a pain in the ass as not many UK retailers stock them. However Z1 does <3

... Thats about it for cons!

Also hicappas are horrible D: Theyre like the Vauxhall nova of the ******* *****, more common than chlamidya!

Comment

Any modern TM is good. The 5.7 is the best on that list.

Also hicappas are horrible D:
        +1 to that. A good classic 1911 looks far better.

Comment

Like I said, theyre the airsoft equivilant of boy racer vauxhall nova :P A battered up old car (read 1911) with a tacky awful "bling" bodykit on it.

Another one to conider would be the new Gen 3 TM Glock 17's, theyre stunningly good.

Comment

TM M1911s and TM SOCOMs rock.
            Goes by the callsign "Iceman" to avoid confusion with the entire Delta team...

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot
            ...changed my mind.

Putting a BB in a silencer then using it as a blowpipe. that's the best.
            a whole 85fps!

Comment

i just got a thing for ksc over marui when it comes to pistols
              Never Really Got that: BOOM ha ha Big 50

Comment

Owning all three at one point (just sold the USP)

The FN 57 is the best on there by far with my sensible hat on, its light, looks good, fires like a dream, massive mag etc. Only problem is holsters and parts. I have seen upgrade parts for it but holsters are hard to come by for the price of others.

Desert Eagle is awsome as its huge and brilliant! But thats about it, its very accurate but its such a lump! And again, holsters that fit it well are very hard to find.

USP, great looking gun, but IMO TM are the best out there, havent used a system 7 one though, so if you was looking at that, i cant comment. But heard very good things!

PS: Owning a Hi Capa, i can agree, everyones poxy got one! Why i love my FN 57 so much. 2nd thoughts, get a Hi Capa!! I want my 57 to stay rare lol!

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Looks like a 5-7 will be the latest addition to my armoury then Bye Bye Tac master :L
                  TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
                  TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

Its a very personal thing about which gun to buy and everyone has a different opinion.

I personally was not over struck with the 5-7 (agreed on the Marmite gun statement)

Deagle was a pain in the leg (A7se) big and bloody annoying to try and use. Was great gun but in the end not practical.

USP is my primary pistol now and it is the System 7. Its very good on gas and will run anything you put in it and was working fine at -5 in December a bit less kick but no problems getting off half a dozen shots at a time. My brother has just sold his MEU to buy the system 7 compact version but it is as stated above down to you to choose what you like.
                    Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
                    Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
                    Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

Pistols are a very personal thing, I personally love M1911s, and my SOCOM... Best bet would be to read up on this, but also try and get a hands-on session with each weapon as well, so you've got your own opinions as well as that of the forum.
                      Goes by the callsign "Iceman" to avoid confusion with the entire Delta team...

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot
                      ...changed my mind.

Putting a BB in a silencer then using it as a blowpipe. that's the best.
                      a whole 85fps!

Comment

Another option and really only because I have just bought one is the new Mauri Px4 proper piece of gun p0rn and is very likely to get a lot of action.
                        Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
                        Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
                        Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

-Archer- Proud member of 'Black Arrow' If you'd like to contact me with more ease than PM's, Email me at [email protected] :) Find out more about -Archer-
                        Working...
                        X