Replica Eotech or Red Dot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replica Eotech or Red Dot?

I hear replica eotech's can have some problems with shadowing? I like the look of them much better though.

Cost wise looking to spend around £45 if it's an eotech clone, I have one in mind

Just wondering if Red Dots get the shadowing to?

Thanks,

Callirye.

Re: Replica Eotech or Red Dot?

i've had most type of sights the eotech are good i found turn if you the brightness right down it stops the ghosting and the glass seems to break on them more my 551 got shot within the first hour of its first skirmish you can get protectors but that warps the image when you look though it

what i do is have a flip up cover on it and keep it down in cqb and keep both eyes open aiming and shooting (i dont know how it works but its spot on my brother who is ex army told me to do it as it improve contrast and seeing the dot when its bright )

ive never had ghosting or shadows on any others sights ive had 3 types of aimpoint 2 acogs and loads of cheap red dots

Comment

eotechs are the only ones that ghost, and its because of the holographic nature of the dot from what I'd heard, whereas a red dot sight is just a little laser pinpoint on the glass, an eotech acvtually projects a holographic crosshairs into the scope, and if its a poor quality crystal (at this point I get onto shaky ground) or something like that, you get extra images.

G&P eotechs are meant to be good for not having ghosts, as do the hurricanes, can be had quite cheap second hand.
      KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
      mix'n'match M4
      Maruzen P99

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
        i've had most type of sights the eotech are good i found turn if you the brightness right down it stops the ghosting and the glass seems to break on them more my 551 got shot within the first hour of its first skirmish you can get protectors but that warps the image when you look though it

what i do is have a flip up cover on it and keep it down in cqb and keep both eyes open aiming and shooting (i dont know how it works but its spot on my brother who is ex army told me to do it as it improve contrast and seeing the dot when its bright )

ive never had ghosting or shadows on any others sights ive had 3 types of aimpoint 2 acogs and loads of cheap red dots
        keeping both your eyes open comes down to gun fit and subconcious hand eye coordination. If the gun fits you when you mount it, whatever you look at to shoot at, the gun will automatically point there and hit it. It's (basically) how clay pigeon shooting works
        like your brother said about brightness, two eyes open will allow more light enter your optical nerves which will help slightly but its pretty negligable tbh
        Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Focusing on the target and not the halo is the way to go with 2 eyes open to avoid blurring, which, to be fair, is easier said than done. I've got a pretty decent replica which has minimal ghosting with the brightness turned right down, which is what you'll be running it at most of the time anyway unless it's blazing sunshine. I can't actually remember what brand mine is, i think it's the G&P one.
          Sh*t happens. But mostly to me, so you're okay.

----

Comment

A red dot uses a concave piece of glass to mirror a dot, simple as.
            Don't know anything about holo sights, so I won't make myself look like an idiot trying to explain it

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Callirye Find out more about Callirye
            Working...
            X