I cant work it out Ris and ras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant work it out Ris and ras

ok i have a G&G Combat Machine AEG CM16 Carbine, i would like to attach things such as lasers or torches to it.

which routes can i go down??
    http://zeroin.co.uk/image.php?type=s...ine=1296170949

Re: I cant work it out Ris and ras

Barrel mounted torch/laser etc or fit a RIS foregrip?

RIS and RAS are the same:
    RAS = Rail accessory system
    RIS = Rail interface system

both are 20mm
    Signature Removed

Comment

and can be any make?
      http://zeroin.co.uk/image.php?type=s...ine=1296170949

Comment

Almost certainly. And if it doesn't fit, you use the classifieds section on here. I can't see it not fitting, though.

Comment

Most accessories have enough adjustment to fit most 20mm rails, and Picatinny rails, which are 21.2mm.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
            Most accessories have enough adjustment to fit most 20mm rails, and Picatinny rails, which are 21.2mm.
            The rails that we get in airsoft arent Picatinny rails, thats the name of the company, but any rail system for that particular kind of AEG should fit.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

You can either buy a full RIS for an m4 style gun, a CASV, or a handguard rail which simply bolts onto the handguard.

I have used a handguard rail and while they are not directly level for a RIS launcher they do the job fine for foregrips etc.

I also have a RIS which is great, just remember you will need somewhere to store the battery if you use RIS or CASV, so possibly look at a PEQ.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

I thought RIS was just a replacement hand guard and RAS was the free-floating version?
                uıɐƃɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯɐ ı

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                  The rails that we get in airsoft arent Picatinny rails, thats the name of the company, but any rail system for that particular kind of AEG should fit.
                  Actually, "Picatinny" is the name of the armoury in the US where MIL-STD 1913 was defined...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

born2die Find out more about born2die
                  Working...
                  X