Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All. Shopping List Help!

Hello everyone

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm looking to get into Airsoft and I'm hoping that I'll be able to get my first go at it under my belt for my 24th birthday in two weeks time.

Assuming that I stick at it, I'd like to know how much punishment my bank account is going to be taking to get me started. I was just wondering if you guys might be able to help me put together a list of "Must Have", "Would Be Nice" and "Wish List" items that I should be looking at getting hold of. So far I've got boots, camouflage (US Woodland and City Urban in the post) and gloves sorted. I know that eyeball / face protection is next but I was going to see what's out there during the game day.

I've been toying with the idea of an M4 to get me started since it seems very common, versatile and there seems to be no end of modification parts out there for it. Beyond that you have free reign. No particular budget so feel free to tempt with expensive toys!

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Hello All. Shopping List Help!

Welcome. Do come in.

Close the door behind you and tell your wife/girlfriend/bank manager that you are all in for a very bumpy ride in this economic climate. You will never have what 'normal-people' call "disposable income" again!

Eye/face protection is a must. Good boots also. Wear whatever you feel comfortable in and buy whichever weapon takes your/wife/GF/BM's fancy.
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Dont buy anything until youve been and skirmished and rented an aeg. You may find that even an aeg is not for you and your going to be a shotgun/pistol/sniper player, you never know? You can so easily spend loads on unnecessary guff that you really later regret. Talking to regulars/marshalls and experienced players, asking nicely to hold/fire their weapons will pay you dividends at your skirmish. Most of us will let you tag along as part of the group/team and help you get the most out of the game rather than you bimble about alone and confused to whats going on.
      Airsoft can get into a really personal mindset area where whats good for the goose is not good for the gander and anything I might advise will be totally unsuitable for you in terms of strength, game style, look, and it goes on. Even the type of enviroment woodland/fibua/cqb youre going to prefer playing in will be a big factor in what type of weapon & kit you want.

Appleogies for the ambiguity and lack of you must buy x,y and z. My current weapons setup that I actually use probably cost total about £350 but I have about £2000 of various items that usually never come out of the shed armoury. And that does not include high end stuff like systemas, it can get expensive quickly.
      Where are you thinking of going? And of course welcome to airsoft
      http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
      airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

Well, I'm single and my bank manager and I aren't that close so you guys will have to make do. :P

Comment

what type of skirmish do you think you would prefer......urban or rural? suppose best thing to do is try them both,because it could influence greatly on what you purchase...
          for example would you go for a full length m4 or a cqb configuration...i can see from your kit purchase that you have woodland and urban covered,so maybe you are interested in both...which could double your spending
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by bongooldchap View Post

<snip>

Appleogies for the ambiguity and lack of you must buy x,y and z. Where are you thinking of going? And of course welcome to airsoft
            No apologies necessary. What you've said makes a lot of sense actually. I think I got carried away gun shopping. I live in in Telford and the nearest one I've found so far is Fireball Squadron just outside Birmingham. It's only about a 40 - 60 minute drive.

Oh and thanks for the welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy View Post
              Well, I'm single and my bank manager and I aren't that close so you guys will have to make do. :P
              Though I'm flattered Apathy, I am a married man! And I ain't gonna loan you the money to bail yourself out!!! :D

As Bongooldchap wisely states. A lot of your choices will be personal and will be reflected in your environment/playing style. Tag along with some other nice guys (i.e: the ones that AREN'T shooting at you!) and see how things pan out for you.
              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                Close the door behind you and tell your wife/girlfriend/bank manager that you are all in for a very bumpy ride in this economic climate. You will never have what 'normal-people' call "disposable income" again!
                If you have been lerking for a while you will realise just how true this is.

Have you done your defence? The three games in not less than two months.

That needs addressing first, I'm sure you will agree that is better than dayglo colours that you will soon learn to hate.

As much as I hate to say this, you could do much worse than getting yourself something from TM's range as you are unsure on what you will really want to get. TM's are like Clarks shoes, not the best but they are comfy and reliable from the time you buy them. That would then give you a reliable gun to use untill you have been to a few sites joined in a few games and decided the route you want to go.

I say this as not many people wear urban camo. Quite a few of us bought what we thought were awsome things and used them probably once when you see what the majority wear and use.

You will need a spare mag or two and something to carry them in, allong with the other 10kg of stuff we all seem to cart arround just in case...lol.. That said I am from my next skirmish day just use a belt platform thats it, what ever I can fit to a belt gets used the rest can sit in the car.

Hope you enjoy the sport, we all do.

Blimey, loads of posts arriving in the time it took to hit post reply...lol.
                Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

once you've been shooting once or twice and you've found an AEG you like, buy it.

and then webbing and mags.

thats how i go about it these days, i like to get enough money gathered up so i can buy the gun, the mags, the webbing and the camo all at once instead of using bitz and bobs from other kits.

but deffinately try out other AEG's at the first shoot, you may find other guns looks more appealling and are more comfortable than others...

Boris
                  K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                    what type of skirmish do you think you would prefer......urban or rural? suppose best thing to do is try them both,because it could influence greatly on what you purchase...
                    for example would you go for a full length m4 or a cqb configuration...i can see from your kit purchase that you have woodland and urban covered,so maybe you are interested in both...which could double your spending
                    I'm not sure what I'd prefer to be honest, which is why I decided to get both the woodland and urban camo covered to start with. Having said that though, I did always want some city urban camos when I was a kid. :P

The differences between woodland and urban are why I was thinking an M4, something which would be viable in both environments, at least to start with.

Comment

best way to see if you like woodland is to go skirmishing on the coldest, wettest day...freeze your nutts off,get covered in mud,and if you still enjoyed then you know its for you

Comment

best way to see if you like woodland is to go skirmishing on the coldest, wettest day...freeze your nutts off,get covered in mud,and if you still enjoyed then you know its for you

now thats some damn good advice, I never knew how much I hated woodland until this winter, I still go every other week though
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
                        airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

its the aftermath.

the cleaning all the webbing, gear, boots, yourself.

and then the striping of the gun and cleaning it, a 1 day skirmish turns into a 3 day cleaning event.

Boris
                          K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

best way to see if you like urban is to go skirmishing on a really hot day....sweat your nutts off, suffer heat exhaustion...which forces you to strip down to your t-shirt,no gloves and helmet because your head boils...then you get shot on bare skin from point blank..covered in welts,which looks great next day at work...and if you still enjoyed the experience you know its for you

Comment

Wow. I'm having trouble keeping up with all of your replies! Thanks!

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                              Though I'm flattered Apathy, I am a married man! And I ain't gonna loan you the money to bail yourself out!!! :D

As Bongooldchap wisely states. A lot of your choices will be personal and will be reflected in your environment/playing style. Tag along with some other nice guys (i.e: the ones that AREN'T shooting at you!) and see how things pan out for you.
                              Bah. So much for charm!

Originally posted by midas View Post
                              If you have been lerking for a while you will realise just how true this is.

Have you done your defence? The three games in not less than two months.

That needs addressing first, I'm sure you will agree that is better than dayglo colours that you will soon learn to hate.

As much as I hate to say this, you could do much worse than getting yourself something from TM's range as you are unsure on what you will really want to get. TM's are like Clarks shoes, not the best but they are comfy and reliable from the time you buy them. That would then give you a reliable gun to use untill you have been to a few sites joined in a few games and decided the route you want to go.

I say this as not many people wear urban camo. Quite a few of us bought what we thought were awsome things and used them probably once when you see what the majority wear and use.

You will need a spare mag or two and something to carry them in, allong with the other 10kg of stuff we all seem to cart arround just in case...lol.. That said I am from my next skirmish day just use a belt platform thats it, what ever I can fit to a belt gets used the rest can sit in the car.

Hope you enjoy the sport, we all do.

Blimey, loads of posts arriving in the time it took to hit post reply...lol.
                              I've not got my defence sorted yet. First game day is coming up in two weeks assuming I can strong arm some of the guys at work to tag along as ammo sponges. This thread was so I can get an idea of what I'd need to get once I am sorted out UKARA wise.

That seems some good advice though. Might as well learn to walk before learning to run as it were. I've read a lot of good reviews about TMs stuff. Any particular suggestions? Load carrying wise I was looking at the Viper SAAV. Again seems to be a few good reviews, and they come in both black and US Woodland so if I'm feeling vain I can match!

Originally posted by kommissarboris View Post
                              once you've been shooting once or twice and you've found an AEG you like, buy it.

and then webbing and mags.

thats how i go about it these days, i like to get enough money gathered up so i can buy the gun, the mags, the webbing and the camo all at once instead of using bitz and bobs from other kits.
                              That's what I'll be looking to do. I'd rather get to the point where UKARA is sorted, get a list together with everything on it and binge shop than get bits and pieces spread out.

Hmm. *Adds "Tactical Landrover" to list*

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apathy Find out more about Apathy
                              Working...
                              X