A laser on a sniper scope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A laser on a sniper scope?

Hey guys, so i'm looking for a laser for my vsr10 and need some advice...

First off info you may need to know :-

- Scope is a utg leapers 5th gen 3-9x50.
    - Vsr is fully pdi upgraded with a 6.01 barrel
    - Can shoot approx 80-90m accurately with .36's

Ok, so basically it is so i can use it in night games easier, and for better pinpoint accuracy, but also kinda for looks

Is it possible, to get a laser i can use in airsoft, where you can see the line of the laser aswell as the dot, or are these kinds too powerful? I think i saw somewhere that green lasers do this on optimum power after about 5minutes? But i would prefer a red laser if they can show the line.

Also, i need the dot of the laser to be pretty tight at long distances, say 100m, i have seen a few, one for £20 which is 4inch at 100m, and one for £40 which is 1inch at 100m.

It must have windage/elevation adjustments, would be easier if they were knob's, but i guess hex screws would be ok?

What is the lasers accuracy like? So say i have it zeroed in for 25m, will the bb hit where the laser shows at 100m, but will it not be lined up with the scopes reticle? If so, how easy would it be to zero out on the field, bear in mind would the scope and laser need to be zeroed for different ranges? Can i just say measure out 50m, pinpoint the laser to that length, then to estimate the range, if the laser is slightly above the centre point of the scope, it would be a 100m, and i slightly below it would be 25m? Also, would i need to zero the scope for different ranges?

So, please recommened a decent laser for what i want. (I will also use it in the day as i don't go to tons of night games!)

Thanks in advance,
    Josh

Re: A laser on a sniper scope?

Look at the Nikko Sterling laser king line of optics

about £120 odd so its costly

Comment

For a whole scope, or just a laser mate?

Comment

The only way you'll see the line of the beam is if there's something in the beam to spread the light.

Headlights, etc. are so powerful that particles in the air will reflect enough light to be visible. The only way you'll get a "safe" laser to do that is if there's smoke.
        The power level need to do that in a laser without smoke would make it a cutting laser, and you'd not be able to carry the power supply on the gun!

Comment

Originally posted by joshh1512 View Post
          For a whole scope, or just a laser mate?
          I take it you didnt take the time to even look on google then.

as sonuk says though, the need for a laser on a optic well there isnt a need, vermin hunters etc yes but we wont get into that.

If your desperate hunt around for one of those mounted rails you can stick on top of a scope

Comment

Woudn't be so bad having a cutting laser! hehe.

Actually percy i did, and i had before i purchased the leapers scope, i just thought they were slightly too expensive, when i could just stick a laser on the top. The reason i asked, was because i didn't know if they had a separate range for lasers.

I guess i should just leave it then, i thought it would be cool and give me better accuracy, (obviously not performance wise, you know what i mean...)

Comment

Lasers work both ways y'know, especially for a sniper a laser is a big "HEY IM HERE COME AND GET ME" beacon.

Comment

I dont really see the need for a laser on a sniper rifle.

At longer ranges, you wouldn't be able to see the dot unaided. You could see it through the scope, wich would be fine... but you're scope has crosshairs, so you dont need a marker to tell you where you're aiming. It also gives the game away if the target or an ally notices the dot.

If you zero the laser for 25m, it will only be accurate around 25m. At 100m, it could be miles off, depending on height over bore. If you zeroed it for 100m (a bit tricky to do I'd say) then it would work fine for any distance up to 100 as well, if your BB is traveling in a straight line, and not hopping up or down at all. Basically the height over bore, the line the BB travels along and the laser form a triangle.If you extend two of the lines past one of the verticies (say, where the laser and the BB meets at your target) you will see they diverge considerably further down the line.

A red laser would need to be very powerful for the beam to show up in daylight, to the point where it'd probably set fire to things. A green laser tends only to have a visible beam in the dark or dim conditions, as the beam bounes off motes of dust and such, but not bright enough to be seen in daylight.

For a laser to have a dot that wasnt several inches wide at 80-90m, you'd have to spend quite a lot of money, because the focusing optics would have to be spot on.

It's doable, but I'm not sure why someone would apart from that 'red dot of death' idea that films and such put in ones mind.

Comment

yeah its pretty much the most pointless thing you could put on a sniper rifle, apart from a tac light..

all youre doing is letting the opposition know where you are..
                  Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

Lasers are tactically useless, the only thing they do is scare newbies. When the beams are visible to anyone experienced it's just a big arrow pointing to where to shoot you.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
                    Working...
                    X