need some advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some advice...

ok, so i have decided to learn the AEG. i have bought myself a cheap dooer upper, a TM FAMAS F1. i got it through and it was immediately apparent that is has been sitting for a while, i dry fired it to make sure it did actually fire and a load of dust grit stuff came out the end (expected really)

so i reckon it will need a new hop and rubber, a new piston head, and possibly a new motor depending on the condition of the one inside. i was just wondering where people manage to get parts for their AEG's from, and whether anyone might be able to help me get some. after market kit or original, its all good, long as it functions properly then i am happy.

thanks in advance guys.

We can only mention Z1 as far as retailers are concerned, however a good google search will bring up a few UK and overseas retailers.
    Or you could try a wanted ad on here.

Comment

Re: need some advice...

Just give it a clean out mate, they are good and very solid as standard (if it the TM version anyway, cant vouch for the JP version) piston wise you might need to change the seal if its cracked but if not, soak it in silicon oil over night then when you put it in get some silicone grease on it for lubrication, give the gearbox a clean out and regrease noting where all the shims are and go, hop rubber if its mishapen or dry just replace with a TM one (if its been left with the hop on for a while it might well need replacing.
      Spares for a Famas can be a pain to get but the only upgrades Id say if you really want to go that route is the usual stuff, a good tightbore barrel, bring the power up with a 110 spring (in that gun gives around 320ish dependent on the seals) and may be some metal bushings to extend the life of it further and speed it up slightly (if you think 1000rpm is slow on an 8.4) I did that with mine and used a 9.6 battery and the ROF was just quite silly for almost a standard setup.
      But in all honesty none of the upgrades are needed with these as they already out the box have a good rate of fire, excellent range and accuracy and outlast a lot of the more expensive AEGs out there.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

+1 to the above.....

just buy a broken V2 mechbox and try n fix it instead
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

+1 to above again, version 2 boxes are the most common used and are very similar to V3 boxes, V7 boxes are easy its just getting to them and I have no experience of 6s, but if you can do a version 2 without removing an eye or a limb or something then you can work on any gearbox.
          The Famas is as different from any other gun out there and the version 1 gearbox although tough and well built is obsolite.
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Just to add to the above, buying an old or knackered gun as a dooer upper can be the worst descision you may well make...lol..As above really I would just give it a damn good clean up and service and see how it runs.

I'm sure weve all done it at some point...Well it's only blah blah ammount...Right that's a bargain....NOT...You end up spending more than it would cost to buy a new midrange aeg then sell it as it's not what you expected...Maybe it's ok, but not the all singing and dancing gun you think you are going to end up with. The only thing you will really learn will be what parts to buy for the next project.
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

You need to open it up before you start buying parts.
              Why would you need a new hop? Unless the current one is broken, the TM one is very good.
              And as mentioned, unless the rubber parts are cracked, you don't need new ones. You certainly shouldn't need a new piston if it fires.

If you're really happy using this as a learning gun, crack it open, have a look, do your best at putting it back together and see if it works. If you find anything broken inside, you can replace it.
              There are plenty of guides online as well if you get stuck.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ninjasam im bored. Find out more about ninjasam
              Working...
              X