Collapse

I can't put a finger on the make of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't put a finger on the make of...

Hi guys,

I have recently acquired a G36c and a G3 SG1. I was informed by the previous owner that they were both TM, however I have my doubts. Namely, neither has a low cap mag, which I thought was standard for all TM guns? Obviously he could have lost them, but still...

Is there anyway to tell from the guns themselves, ie markings, unique features etc?

Thanks in advance
    Luke
    When I:

Buy: I live in Guernsey, but postage is the same as to the UK - see Royal Mail website

Sell: I will only hold a sale item for a MAXIMUM of 1 week PROVIDED THAT a 20% deposit (of full asking price) is paid within 24 hours of the request.

Re: I can't put a finger on the make of...

you should find some ASGK markings on the gun if it came from TM in Japan. It should also have the Tokyo Marui trademarks on it possibly in the magwell.

If not, its probably made by either SRC or JG

Comment

both will have "trades" if they are TM. basically markings that will say like HK and have a serial number on them. if tm the bodies will be plastic with those trades if left stock. JG, a clone manufacturer made these guns too but wont have trade marks on them
      Taking hits since 2007

UNIT 13

Comment

If you're confident taking AEGs apart, then take the body off and look at the outside of the gearboxes, and the motors. The motors should say EG700/1000 on the side if they are TM. Can't remember if they actually say TM on them though. The outside of the gearboxes (you dont need to take the gearboxes apart) will have a blue serial number if they are TM.

As for the externals I'm not 100% on what TM markings are on those two.
        Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

On the G36c....

The inset square what (if anything) does it say?

Should look like this...

Last edited by jagillham; 26 January, 2011, 22:55.

Comment

There is a square on the left hand side of the g36, just above the trigger. This is blank. Is this what you meant Jag? Cheers
            When I:

Buy: I live in Guernsey, but postage is the same as to the UK - see Royal Mail website

Sell: I will only hold a sale item for a MAXIMUM of 1 week PROVIDED THAT a 20% deposit (of full asking price) is paid within 24 hours of the request.

Comment

sorry, the pic didn't load the first time! There is no text on it, so I assume maybe a JG?
              When I:

Comment

If im not wrong the easiest way to tell clones is there motors.
                I know from having a couple though that the JG has nothing at all anywhere on the gun.
                Not sure on the SRC.

Comment

Src has SRC displayed proudly upon it.
                  Airsoft. The most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Comment

JG mate.

Although could be another chinese derivative.

Having said this, it COULD just be that part of the rifle that's china made?

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

OK thanks guys, I am now pretty confident that the G36 is JG (or some similar clone) for the reasons said above. I don't have the G3 to hand, but from what I remember, there are no markings on the outside either, so this maybe suggests not TM?
                      When I:

Comment

It should have the ASGK and Tokyo Marui Made in Japan markings somewhere.

Like so (although the white markings may not be there).

Look to the left.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

My TM MP5 has a Marui logo on the bottom of the pistol grip, and the G36 has virtually the same lower reciever as an MP5 (well, the trigger assemlby anyway...)

Look there.
                          Signature Removed

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LukeMauger Find out more about LukeMauger
                          Working...
                          X