S10 filter clear up help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S10 filter clear up help?

I just got hold of a S10 with filter just wondering if there is anyway to dismantle and clean out the filter?
    Custom M4
    TM 1911

Re: S10 filter clear up help?

right if it is the gas mask im thinking of you have to get a brand new filter for it.
    if you are wanting to use it for airsoft you may want to get rid of all the stuff in the filter so it is easiyer to breath, also you can also remove the intake and outtake rubber bits to make it more breathable, also you will need ballistic lenses or mesh for the eyepiece if they are not already suitable for airsoft

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

yeah i want to strip the filter out but i want to know if there is a right or wrong way for doing it
      Custom M4
      TM 1911

Comment

im to to work right now but when i get back i will get some pics on how to do it, or someone else might beat me to it

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

Don't remove the outtake rubber ( behind the primary speech module) unless you get mesh lenses as you will steam up.

You can't really get the plastic cased filters apart without wrecking them, try getting one of the old metal ones, you can take them apart
          TM/G&P MK14 Mod 0, G&P SR16 URX Shorty, TM Glock 18c GBB, DE L128A1

Comment

I wouldnt recommend taking the diaphrams out at all, they make no real difference at all, but the filter, if its a newer S10 it will have a one piece plastic cartridge filter, spin it upside down so the thread points towards you and mash up the metal plate you see inside and just try and pull out as much of the internal elements as possible, it will be messy as they have charcoal and some even have a layer of fullers earth in them, neither of these things will do you any harm unless you are allergic to cat litter and barbecues, but it will make a mess, you need to break it all up so you can as good as pour it out.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I have an S10 gas mask with airsoft lenses. Didn't come with a filter so I bought one from a surplus shop in my town. Like you I wanted to empty the filter and with the one I have it was quite easy. I have a metal filter, so I'm just wondering is yours plastic or metal?
              TM SOPMOD [Fully Upgraded] | TM VSR [M40A3]

Comment

Basically, there isn't a wrong way to take a filter apart. They aren't supposed to be dismantled. I guess it'd be more correct to say any way is wrong, but since it makes good sense to gut the filter for use in a skirmish...

I bought a 'fake' filter from my local surplus shop, that was originally a spare for a costume gas mask. It only cost me 50p, and unlike current filters, is made of metal not plastic. Metal is much easier really, because you can use pliars and such to bend the lip of it so you can prise it open. Once it's stripped, its then just a simple case of bending the rim back the way it came. It could possible do with a lick of paint afterwards, but I havn't bothered with mine, as the side thats most scratched/flaking is the side that faces the mask, so its not too noticeable.

Comment

If you can, get hold of a filter for an S6 respirator. By the sounds of it, that's what Major Landmark has. There's still plenty about. They are two piece metal in external construction. There is a 'lid' that is crimped over the larger 'base' section. Just work your way around the outside uncrimping the metal lip until you can take it off. You are now looking at the filter material. This looks a bit like the air filter element in an engine. Take a sharp knife and work round the egde of the metal pan just like unsticking food from the inside of a pan. Discard the filter, then crimp the lid back on, for a free breather.
                  Sadly S10 cans are one piece plastic construction and can't be cracked open so elegantly. You just have to mash them up like Sean said.
                  Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Comment

I did a quick google seach of the above, and it is indeed an S6 filter I have. I used a pair of pliars to rip the material out once it was open, because that seemed the quick and dirty option, and sometimes I'm lazy like that. Didn't really make a difference to the outcome.

Comment

What i did was put the filter in a vice, then hacksaw straight through the side. Its not the prettiest way but all you gotta do is tape it back together, it usually looks pretty cool if you put like red tape around it, example:

Of course you can use black tape and no one will notice, its the easiest way to increase your air flow without destroying the aerodynamics of the mask itself, DO NOT for the love of all thats holy remove ANY valves, itll destroy the mask. I skirmished extensively with my S10 and cleared out filter, and i can say its a winning combination. If the filter wasnt foil sealed when you got it its probably best you dont use it anyway with the contents still inside as thats pretty unhygienic, think of the sweaty faced squaddie with wheetabix in his mouth who had it before you.
                      Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

Haha thanks guys ill go down the S6 route :D
                        Custom M4
                        TM 1911

Comment

The only problem with using red tape is it makes it look like a training canister!
                          section 24 of the 1968 Act
                          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

That and theres a big red thing on your mask.
                            Custom M4
                            TM 1911

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hypnose Find out more about Hypnose
                            Working...
                            X