Customs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customs

Hi all I have goods from HK sitting in a warehouse at stanstead, most people I've spoken to said that it normally comes through Coventry and gave contact details for there. Anyone have contact details for stanstead hmrc?

Re: Customs

You need to speak to the UK carrier of your stuff and confirm the UK tracking number (it sometimes changes against the international number originally provided) that it is being processed against and get them to provide you with the relevent contact number for customs and then call customs.

It can take quite some time to pass through customs depending on what you have purchased.

If its a RIF then it could be as simple as they do not have your UKARA number and one quick call can sort it.

Customs are getting much hotter on clones / copies of hi value items for example Surefire tac light clones etc.

As for a location point for arrival into the UK it will be down to which carrier you are using to bring the goods in.

As daft as it may sound don't loose it with custom's regardless of how any conversation goes as they a massive pain in the arse if they get the hump.
    Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
    Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
    Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

Cheers dude spoke to TNT it cleared customs at 5 this morning but it wouldn't get moved to my local depot til Monday, I see a hefty bill from hmrc in my immediate future

Comment

Just incase you need it for the future Tnt standsted customs email address.

[email protected]
        Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Comment

i recently had siezed and destroyed a gas pistol, lost £120...although i had proof it was for film work
          Phil

Paypal Registerd

Comment

Seems it didn't clear customs, just had a phone call from TNT asking me to provide documentation I'm a registered skirmisher. Seems that a ukara number or a site owners details aren't good enough now. Lucky I have my ukara email on my I phone in case I get pulled over

Comment

Thats not good news , there always seems to be a problem ordering from HK.

I should have learnt my lesson from my last problem. but when i couldnt find what i needed in the uk i ordered from hk again last week.

Paid express shipping and they dont have all the stock even though i paid and sent a email before i ordered. And to add they have shipped it the slow post.

Made me very angry. Im a big guy and love my food but im going to revolt and avoid all the chinease take aways untill i get what i ordered
              Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Comment

It's not HK for a change it's hmrc. I'd love to buy here if they didn't overinflate their prices and had a decent variety of stuff

Comment

Originally posted by sickboy76 View Post
                  Seems it didn't clear customs, just had a phone call from TNT asking me to provide documentation I'm a registered skirmisher. Seems that a ukara number or a site owners details aren't good enough now. Lucky I have my ukara email on my I phone in case I get pulled over
                  That's odd. Mine was fine the other week - TNT from HK. I phoned to find out why it was delayed, and gave them my UKARA number over the phone - that was all that was needed.
                  Annoying really, because, as I requested, the sender had included the UKARA number clearly in the comments on the outside of the package.

Comment

Great it's just my luck to get screwed over by customs on the virgin run

Comment

my new toy turned up this afternoon so i'm going to skirmish with it tonight. they pretty much released it as soon as i sent through my ukara email. sounds as though someone at stanstead was being a jobsworth.

Comment

u gotta laugh
                        uk border control have just seized and destroyed 2 wooden pistol grips i got from the usa, said i havent got an fac, and sent 2 coppers round to tell me so, screwed again by uk's all so stupid laws $40 down
                        Phil

Paypal Registerd

Comment

i have to laugh at Parcleforce. I rang them today to ask where my order from HK was. This was our conversation

Hello and welcome to parcleforce worldwide danni speaking (bulshit...bulshit...bulshit)
                          Goodevening, i have a parcle with the reference ........ stuck in customs, can you advise when it will be released?
                          Yes, sir do you mind if i place you on hold...

She returns after about 2mins.

Sir i do appologise but we are experianceing high delays with customs at the moment, it may take up to three weeks to be released.
                          Christ sake, okay then.
                          I do appologise sir.
                          How come my order two days ago from TNT was cleared within 4 hours.
                          I cant comment on TNT's practice's sir.
                          Ohh, so you say customs have it?
                          Yes sir, i beleive so.
                          That's prommising isn't it?
                          I told her that parcleforce's motto was 'leading provider of guaranteed express deliveries' and i am unpleased that they have failed to deleiver.
                          To this she laughs,
                          I laugh back and say, something funny?
                          She cracks up and hangs up.

Comment

update on last post...........i thought the vcra law didnt cover parts ??, looks like customs do what they want, i never even had a letter telling me they had my grips !!!, so not even given the chance to complain
                            Phil

Paypal Registerd

Comment

If they're on about an FAC, they're using firearms law, not the VCRA.

Still shouldn't have applied to wood grips, though...
                              He should consider contesting the siezure.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sickboy76 Find out more about sickboy76
                              Working...
                              X