Comms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comms

Didnt know where exactly to post this so if its in the wrong place sorry and please move.

Im looking for advice on comms.

I been looking on other web sites which i wont mention and have found a bowman replica working on normal freq's for £70.

Is this a good deal. Im also looking for something thats throat mic applicable.

Can you tell me what set up your using or would recommend also any pictures would be great to help me decide.

Cheers guys.

Matt.

Re: Comms

Originally posted by Monkey View Post
    Didnt know where exactly to post this so if its in the wrong place sorry and please move.

Im looking for advice on comms.
    Perhaps the New Players and Advice section would suit this thread better, I'll move it for you no problem.

As far as recommending comms, I'd go for something that is Motorola Talkabout single pin -esque, as they're cheap but work well. Being single pin, there is a wide variety of stuff that can be used with them.

I still own some Cobra MT-975 Radios which feature the same single pin connector, and was using the Devgru Throat mic with them. Now I'm using some Motorola XTR446 radios. The Motorola XTN is also a good radio, but its more expensive - for good reasons though.

Personal opinion? There's better options out there for the price of the bowman, but £70 sounds good.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
      Perhaps the New Players and Advice section would suit this thread better, I'll move it for you no problem.
      Good point, well presented, thanks. I'll look up some of the recommendations now.

Comment

No problem, also if you use the search function, select to search the New players and advice section, and search for *radio* or *comms* then you'll get a good list of other threads. (Use the asterisks for a more in-depth search).

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I still own some Cobra MT-975 Radios which feature the same single pin connector, and was using the Devgru Throat mic with them. Now I'm using some Motorola XTR446 radios. The Motorola XTN is also a good radio, but its more expensive - for good reasons though.

Hey mate, do you know wether or not the connector on those XTR446's is the same as the talkabout one? Cheers.

Comment

Have a look here:
            http://www.wildtalk.com/aboutradio/p...patability.htm

Zero One sell radio accessories, not radios themselves (not that I found, anyway), so I hope that link is OK.

Comment

to be honest mate, if your starting out and wanting the beasic radio set up,

there are a few sites in HK with bowman and swimmer replicas for less then £40
              ( can't link due to forum rules )

also for the radios Pmr sets work brilliantly allowing you to cross talk with other users on site aslong as on same channel ie 3.03

but there are many cheap pmr radios out,

i used the Motorola talkabout sets for a year,
              then used cobra m800 sets both single pin,

now im using more advance radio sets but the same head set

so shop around mate,

you can get a full radio set up, ie radio unit itself and ear/mic/ head bit for less then £80

Comment

About to invest in a TTI TXL446 myself, they have a common connector on them for headsets (10m space 2pin aka Icom/maxon) and are a stonking little unit for the £55ish they cost. (The element bowmans headset adaptor on Z1 fits them)
                Last edited by ThePope; 2 February, 2011, 12:30.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

The great thing about the Icom setup is that you can use an ordinary earphone in the 3.5mm socket and no mic if you want to. It's a shame the Kenwood ones aren't the same - Although they use both 3.2mm and 2.5mm connectors (different spacing to the Icom ones), the Kenwood one has the speaker output on the 2.5mm one.

Comment

Is what drew me to the TTI's pretty versatile.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Motorola XTN446 all the way, flea bay has them nice and cheap, especially if you're happy to take one that has no battery and charger. I picked mine up for £30 posted, and bought a set of 4 rechargable AA batteries and charger. Total cost £37 for an XTN.
                      Simples...
                      Trader Feedback.
                      http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
                      http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

Cheers.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Monkey Find out more about Monkey