Sniper Hop and Scope adjustments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper Hop and Scope adjustments

Ok folks, so I've recently fitted an entire new hop unit to my M700.

I was just wondering, how do you about adjusting the hop and the scope ?

At the moment I can hit a torso size at 50 meters with no hop, but when I put hop on it can have all kinds of effects, some shots go high, some go low.

So is there any tried and tested way out there of being able to dial in my hop properly, what distance should I have the target at so i can see what affect the hop is having properly ?

Any advice at all would be appreciated.

Ta, FL
    It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Re: Sniper Hop and Scope adjustments

First pump some rounds through it to bed it in, intill then it could be anything.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

With the hop on I've put about 100 rounds through, I'm guessing I'll need to do a few more than that to properly bed it in.

I'll get shooting then, when the day light is here and the kids aren't in the way lol
      It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

Comment

Always turn hop a very small bit at a time, then see how it fires. I always zero my gun in to 40M-50M as thats where i engage alot of targets at my site

Originally posted by Metalbody
        pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Surprised no ones asked this... What hop have you just fitted?

A new standard of a VSr conversion kit?

If its a new rubber your going to need to bed it in with quite a few shots, atleast 200 to 1000 from what ive learnt from others.

What bb weight are you using at the moment?

What fps is the gun at with 0.2's?

You want to be bedding your hop in with 0.2's (to save money) and eventually run a few heavier bb's in depending on your fps....

Use 0.36's with a 440 to 460fps rifle, 0.4 bb's with an fps over 460.

You need to ideally settle the hop using the end bb weight your going to be using.

My old tanaka m700 worked best on 0.4's and was firing at 460 fps and once settles was hitting 80 metres easily and accurately for torso shots using a leaper 3-9 x 40 scope and was zerod in for 70 metres

Comment

I just fitted the VSR conversion kit with a nine ball hop rubber

So I'll have to get myself shooting the 0.43 I've got then

Comment

ah cool, yeah settle it in with no hop at all, its what i did and had the same setup as you

you will a notice that in your next game your shots should get better range and accuracy throughout the day

i do miss the tanaka m700 though

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Four Leaf Find out more about Four Leaf
              Working...
              X