Sniper scope question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper scope question...

Just bought my first sniper - L96 - fancied giving it a go!
    I need some advice from you seasoned airsoft snipers out there....

It came fitted with a Tasco 6-24x50 scope which is a beast! But is this a bit much for airsoft?
    Looking at the ranges I'll be shooting, would I be better off going for something with a little less magnification?
    I know the army generally use 3-12x50 on the L96 so for realism and looks I think a scope that sort of size might be favourite?

Any comments appreciated
    G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Re: Sniper scope question...

i use a 6-20x50, i just have it on 6x magnification but ive got used to it like that and its nice to see the bb hit.

Originally posted by Metalbody
    pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

ask at your local site if anyone has other mag scopes and if you can give them a go

Comment

Its about being comfy with it. Imo might be a tad much considering marines use a 10x scope on m24 and can hit over half a mile.

All about how u fell though

Comment

I was speaking to a retailer a few years ago who said that in airsoft, there's not much point going beyond 4x magnification.

My personal opinion regarding the matter is not to go more than 6 x. But when it comes to scopes, I do prefer big, wide angle lens' - such as 60mm (rather than 50 which you have). But to have such a feature means you're going to be looking at a higher price tag.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

The bigger the objective lense the more light they let in as well, which can be quite a bonus early morning or evening time. You may be supprise to see how much brighter it is looking through a half decent scope, then move it away can make quite a difference.

Something else to consider is when you have scopes set to higher magnification it's like wearing blinkers. You can't see whats going on arround you. Narrower vision.

You can buy something like a 3 - 9 x 50 cheap enough in the UK. Airgun scopes or ones like the M3, 3-9x40.

The 3-9 x 50 with a sunshade look nice so long as you don't have daft high mounts...lol.
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

i m must adsmit, l sun shades do look the business...
              Bog standard sig with a mock up of my own gun, I think don't so

Comment

for airsoft magnification is only useful for ID'ing targets at range as most scopes out-range the gun with ease. admitted they look lovely but 4x is ample try to find one with a large objective lens i think a armoury with a wolf in it has just got some in but be prepared to fork out a bit.
                Custom M4
                TM 1911

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mike581 Ex Forces Find out more about Mike581
                Working...
                X