X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Charger?

Dear All,

I'd like your advice on a charger for my airsoft batteries - ideally being as near idiot proof as possible so that it turns off when finshed charging, ability to do fast/trickle chargers and able to charge a variety of batteries 8.4/9.3. If possible even being able to do several at once(?)

Did a search on a few suppliers and didn't come up with much, did find something on the bay of E, but would rather buy something that has some real world recommendations

many thanks in advance

Tony

Re: What Charger?

propeak 2500, its the one i use plus if your battry dies before lunch you can connect it up to ya car battery and not wait for a site charging point to be free.

just remember turn ya engine on you dont want a flat car battery now do you.

Comment

Pro Peak Varipulse 2500. It's worth spending a few quid on something that will work.

Has fast charge, at variable rates, for different types of batteries. Auto cut off for fast too, so no need to time them. Plus has pins on the front, so you can make your own connectors (ie, charge small and large tamiya connectors)

It should be about £40 new. Less second hand.

Comment

+1 for the Pro Peak
        - ICS MP5 SD2

Comment

I like my Pro Peak 2500 as its idiot proof

Comment

Nothing is idiot proof, as idiots have no bounds! Just listen to these guys, the pro peak does its duty well and isn't overly expensive.
            Current Armoury
            TM M14 (OD) Red Dot Scope

ICS m16a3 - standard (as it should be!)

TM Spas 12

Comment

Does it discharge too?

Comment

Nope!

Comment

Hmm well I dont get the difference between the VP and the delta.. the delta is 10 pounds less.

Comment

The VP gives you more current options as far as I can see. For example, you can "slow charge" a big battery pack using fast charge.

I have a 4300mah pack, took well over 2 days to slow charge. Using fast charge of 0.5a I could give it a slower charge, whilst being safe to do that every time.

Comment

So what yoru saying is you made it charge at like a rate of 5 days? hah

Comment

As in the slow charge took forever, I could "fast charge" on a very low setting, so took a reasonable time, rather than all week!

Comment

Thats cool.. and are dischargers essential?

Comment

Depends what type of pack you have. NiMH packs don't.

Comment

3300 mah?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

thehumanprimate Fat, Old, but still think I'm in my teens :+) Find out more about thehumanprimate
                              Working...
                              X