Eye protection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye protection?

Guys, we all know our eyes are non-replaceable, so what googles/glasss do you recommend.

I wouldn't really want a mask, preferably glasses as i tend to snipe, nothing too over priced.

i have seen Prowler Tactical Glasses, these seem good, but anyone give me heads up?

maybe 20-30 quid.

Cheers

Re: Eye protection?

ESS V12 or ESS Ice 2.4 - Nuff said. Fantastic bits of kit, indestructable and have an amazing built in antifog lenses.

Ive also heard good things about the Daisy C3 glasses, which can be picked up for about $15.

Comment

I have ESS ICE 2.4 glasses. Came with a pouch to keep them in, 3 lenses (Clear, black and yellow), anti-fog cloth and a band so you can keep them on your head :P

Haven't skirmished with them yet, but they seem nice :D
      TM SOPMOD [Fully Upgraded] | TM VSR [M40A3]

Comment

Does no one use "search" any more?

Comment

Heroshark mesh. I used to use ESS ICE 2.4s but they fogged up no matter what I did, so I went mesh and have never looked back

Comment

I 100% agree with the above. Had the same done to a set of Wiley X SG-1s and again never looked back.

Wiley X SG-1s are especially good as they have easily interchangable lenses so I have Clear, Black Smoke & Mesh to suit all my needs!

Comment

Bb's shattering on mesh, then going through the gaps. Still advisable to wear glasses underneath (If it's like a mask with mesh eyes)
              TM SOPMOD [Fully Upgraded] | TM VSR [M40A3]

Comment

If bbs manage to shatter on shatter on impact could be too hot. In 3 years of using them and 40 skirmishes later on once has that happend and its no worse than a bit of dust in the eye.

Comment

I would advise fullsealed eye wear wether its polycarbonate or mesh .If your going polycarbonate, a thermal lense on a full seal goggle is best. Shooting glasses tend to fog less often due to the gap around the glasses. I often see players wearing shooting glasses and many have 6mm+ size gaps around the edge of the lense. Even with a 6mm- gap this will not stop a round forcing its way through at close range. Anybody wanting to wear shooting glasses, a good fit to the face is essential, aswell as a retention strap to stop them slipping imo. Another thing worth mentioning with vents on fullseal goggles you'll find them covered by a thin veil of foam to stop dust ,and the vent holes beyond them vary in size .Some being quite large , and the foam is not enough to stop a round. It does help to remove the foam to reduce fogging assuming the vent holes are small enough, but a thermal lens will help alot more.

Personally I use mesh .I may be biased towards mesh but in 10+ years playing I have never come across or read about any serious injuries down to bbs shattering through mesh. Yes bbs can and do shatter through mesh sometimes ,but the worst I've heard of is a little discomfort .Where as I have been at shoots and read about many injuries down to non-sealed eyewear ,some fairly serious .Even when its close fitting and a retention strap is used theres still a risk. A friend of mine no longer plays due to his sight being dammaged in one eye down to using shooting glasses. In 10+ years I've seen and read of about 10 incidents of players getting shattered bb in their eye non resulting in a trip to A&E. Where as rounds getting in around non-sealed eyewear theres been about 15 . 10 resulting in a trip to A&E ,and 6 with permenent vision loss to varing degrees .We all just have to make or own descisions based on our personal and shared experience. Its just my choice I made that I'm happy to take the risks that mesh involves for the no fogging aspect as I can fog anything. I use good quality full seal thermal goggles at work ,and I still manage to fog them. Mesh goggles do vary alot In quality so make sure you get a good set.

Comment

In the end, i went with these, Prowler® Military Eyewear, Woods Camo, ANSI Z87, MIL-PRF, look good, seem good.. but hope their good, should do a shooting test at point blank, 500fps, and see. :p

http://www.bobster.com/catalog/produ...ily=Ballistics

Thanks for all of the contribution!

Comment

i'm currently weighing up my options regarding eye protection. i've only been airsofting for a few months and since getting hire masks i've always thought i'd stick with mesh w/ full face protection ( local site is CQB ).

last time i played i had a smash through on my Heroshark bulls w/ attached lower guard

i'd go with it being unlucky but certainly made me reconsider my eye protection. i think it's usually the case when it's too late hehe :D . i couldn't wear my contact lenses for 2 weeks after and the blood spread around the eye so after a few days it looked pretty bad or scary like 28 Weeks Later

the site does chrono all guns and tests through the day so i think it was a cheapo BB. i think there lies a problem, don't bother saving £1 for your 3,000 bag of BB's get some quality ones

btw the mesh is tough as hell, no dents or paint chips, been shot from a few feet away in the face (thanks to that guy for pointing his pistol right at my face ) with no issues previously.

Comment

Was it a hire mask that you had a breakthough with, or your own?
                        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                          Was it a hire mask that you had a breakthough with, or your own?
                          Oi you, listen..

"last time i played i had a smash through on my Heroshark bulls w/ attached lower guard"

Comment

Originally posted by PANIC View Post
                            i'm currently weighing up my options regarding eye protection. i've only been airsofting for a few months and since getting hire masks i've always thought i'd stick with mesh w/ full face protection ( local site is CQB ).

last time i played i had a smash through on my Heroshark bulls w/ attached lower guard

i'd go with it being unlucky but certainly made me reconsider my eye protection. i think it's usually the case when it's too late hehe :D . i couldn't wear my contact lenses for 2 weeks after and the blood spread around the eye so after a few days it looked pretty bad or scary like 28 Weeks Later

the site does chrono all guns and tests through the day so i think it was a cheapo BB. i think there lies a problem, don't bother saving £1 for your 3,000 bag of BB's get some quality ones

btw the mesh is tough as hell, no dents or paint chips, been shot from a few feet away in the face (thanks to that guy for pointing his pistol right at my face ) with no issues previously.
                            Thats nasty, but id love to look like a zombie from 28 weeks later.
                            lucky it didn't penetrate your eye and cause a serious injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer View Post
                              Oi you, listen..

"last time i played i had a smash through on my Heroshark bulls w/ attached lower guard"
                              Wah!

Mods!...mods!

He's cyber-bullying me!

Somebody please stop him before this gets on top of me.......
                              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cactus Im a newbie to airsoft, But I do enjoy it. :) Find out more about cactus
                              Working...
                              X