Any point in an acog on an m4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any point in an acog on an m4?

It depends on how you play, And what ACOG are you talking about.
    Are you talking about a magnified one or a red dot one ?.

Re: Any point in an acog on an m4?

Grrr...thanks for hiding my Question! jokes....

There are different Acogs out there. Telescopic or Dot. Really it depends on your budget. But if you've got the money for a 4X ACOG, it'll be a nice adition to any m4.

Comment

May aswell get one. Looks good, especially with a paint job.

Comment

obviously m4 + acog = sex - looks good - obviously not functional but hey... 50% of airsoft

i use an ACOG on every gun i skirmish with, at the ranges you shoot at.. 4x is suitable for short distances too..

benefits are - ability to spot friendlies and enemies further ahead than your eyes normally can.. "is that guy looking this way".."is that an enemy".."how many are behind that fence" - acog will help with that

also... you can tell if your bbs are hitting the range easier... you can literally see your shots bounce off peoples bodies/tree next to them so its easier to adjust your fire

i wouldn't leave home without it tbh

OH and if you get an acog.. get the one with built in iron sights or get a doctor red dot sight for the top - then when you get up close and personal you still have a set of sights to use
        |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

dont bother if its a cheapo one - you will get ghosting which not only obscures your vision .. its also just very irritating

Eotechs are good but i would suggest hurricane, G&P, etc. .. frankly i prefer the ability to extend my range of vision over the ability to aim quickly

although i do use an eotech on my p90 but that will be equipped with my acog from now on

but yea trust me .. 4x doesnt restrict your vision THAT much.. if i put my acog on my m4 i can still use it inside well enough to see the enemy and fire quickly - if thats what you are worried about
          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

if you can get one get the G&P acog... probably one of the best optics available for airsoft

brand new can set you back £150 from zeroone, but have seen them arond the £70-£80 mark second hand - then get a doctor sight (£40-£60) and you will have a kickass optics system

in all honesty i dont even have to re-zero it for different guns, with all of them they go close enough to the crosshairs to just be swapped over at will

Comment

Why does everyone opt for ACOG's on their M4's/ 416's?

It's amazing as aimpoint's are more common chosen to go on the real things... The reason why the new M16A4's use them is because when you're shooting up to the rifles maximum range, around 600 metres for the M16, you need the optics for accurate target practice.
              An M4 is a Combat Assault Rifle, and is mainly chosen for CQB assaults, over the likes of MP5's because they can be kitted with more accessories, and pack a greater punch.

Sure, the Advanced Combat blah blah sight is nice, but pointless for a rifle designed to shoot no more than 300 metres. "Airsoft is 80% looks -" agreed, but how about mil-sim and simulation of real life equipment?

(Oh yeah, and if you are going to get an ACOG, 4x for the win!)

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

i agree slightly there as the acog is primarily designed for use with m16s

but frankly i like to have magnification, really helps when scouting ahead, you can tell if the enemy is on his radio talking to his friends, where his eyes are looking so you can tell if you have been spotted or not, and helps to identify tree from human which is more difficult from further away

and mil-sim.. well some people DO mount acogs on their m4s... so still fits in fine

Comment

Why not about a bit of a more "sensible" magnification then? (3x Magnifier, as commonly used also).

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

more weight, more gets in the way when hanging from a sling, more sight units to keep maintained?

personally i think an acog with doctor sight is the best optics you can get... 4x magnification for sharpshooting, red dot for close - both real AND airsoft

Comment

And there's an ACOG that's cropped up for sale, the 4x one... Grab it while you can!

Wait difference is negligible (yes, even after adding the magnifier) - and QD mounts are the norm these days!

Maintenance has always been a problem. The biggest problem with the ACOG is what happens if you get a leak? No sight to use then, whereas the Aimpoint's don't have that problem...

But I suppose its nice to combine a sight and magnification in one package than two!

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                        "Airsoft is 80% looks -" agreed, but how about mil-sim and simulation of real life equipment?
                        Yup. UKSF use ACOG on their C8s.

Comment

USMC use acogs on m4's, I use an 4 x 32 ACOG on my gun and its great, I wouldn't wanna go back to 0 magnification sights again

G&P M4A1 Mariiiiine

Comment

Just about to list an G+P ACOG in Accesorys 4 Sale @ £65. If your still after one.
                            Trader Rating - http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10676

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                              Wait difference is negligible (yes, even after adding the magnifier) - and QD mounts are the norm these days!

Maintenance has always been a problem. The biggest problem with the ACOG is what happens if you get a leak? No sight to use then, whereas the Aimpoint's don't have that problem...
                              So what your saying is your against 4x mag for 3x mag as its more airsoft friendly?

and what do you mean if you get a leak?
                              I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bert Find out more about Bert
                              Working...
                              X