Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniping, not sure what to get.

Hi,
    I have been an airsofter for a few years now, and ive been considering trying my hand at sniping, but I was wondering wether to go for a semi-auto dmr (maybe a G&G sr-25?) or a bolt action rifle (was looking at either a Ares Aw.338 or a marui vsr/L96).
    anyway I figured I would just ask what peoples opinions are on sniping and the above mentioned rifles.
    (I understand that people get asked these questions alot so I apologize in advance if i sound like a bit of a noob lol)

Cheers,
    Mark

Re: Sniping, not sure what to get.

I'll start off with, try and get a go with both semi and bolt to find out which you like. In my opinion bolt is the way to go. Its nice to pulled back the bolt and then fire that 1 shot. I find myself taking alot more time with bolt, also I dont like the sound of the motor when I'm sniping. I personally don't own any of those guns but I do have a Warrior L96 which Iv been using for a year now nothing gone wrong. Most people will say VSR walks over L96 but I personally like L96 more. VSR is awesome no doubt about it, light, powerful and VERY accurate. My L96, being a warrior obv isn't as good as mauri or TM but it's still very good. Huge stock fps like 420+, accurate but not as much as VSR. It's quite a heavy gun i think about 6lbs can't remember exactly. Both guns have good upgrade lists although I think l96 are harder to get hold of now.
    As for actually sniping everyone has their own way of sniping, personally I don't use ghillie suits as they are much to hot and clumbersome for me.
    Backup I use a JG Ak47 with no stock but maybe you will like something smaller or more quiet.
    Getting tired now sorry.
    Ric
    Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

Ive got a G3 which I use as a semi auto DMR/Sniper rifle as well as a Warrior L96, and I love them both to bits. Theyre both great fun, its purely personal preference though as to which one youd be better off with.

If you want to try your hand at sniping, try picking up a 2nd hand JG BAR10 or Warrior L96, Im not a big fan of the VSR style guns, I love the look of the L96 though and the warrior is surprisingly good for a cheap gun.

Comment

Get a gun that you can happily upgrade to a good standard within your budget. A lot of the time, sniper rifles will have to have a lot of money put into upgrading before they reach their full potential. How much have you got to spend or want to spend?
        Originally posted by psirus101
        I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Both tend to hold their re-sale value pretty well. So if you get one and don't like it you can sell it on without too much hassle.

I use a TM vsr - can't fault it thus far though it needs a tight bore really.

despite what many people on here seem to think, you do not need to instantly up the power level to be ultimate sniporz! Learn how to use your rifle and good field craft before you start messing with power.

Tight bore first, hop, then power.

AS for which to go for, well as per usual it is personal preference. I always like the idea of semi auto but have never been impressed outside of a TM M14.
          Bolty for me.

Atb
          Andy
          Originally posted by Coz
          Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

I had a VSR a while ago - pretty good gun, but I felt it had no personality(hope that doesn't sound too full metal jacket-haha), got a bit bored with it, so bought an L96, awesome gun, looks great, but pretty heavy - more like 9lbs (The DR), but was completely blown away one day at my local skirmish site by a guy who had an upgraded SVD Dragunov, the accuracy and range this thing had was better than any other sniper I have seen, easily at half the price. I have now sold the L96 and have bought a Dragunov, the best thing about this gun is the fact that it takes standard AEG parts for upgrades(it is bolt action not electric), I have a 500fps spring in it, a Madbul Tight Bore and an Element Hard Hop Rubber - a bit brutal to cock the gun, but once you have the knack the gun is outstanding - also very light(is lighter than most of my aeg's) and is completely different from any other sniper - I also have the proper Dragunov Scope on it, looks completely awesome, get comments on it every time I have it at a skirmish. The total breakdown of costs are below:
            Dragunov SVD - £120(new)
            Madbul Barrel - £35
            Element Hop Rubber - £10-15
            500FPS Spring - £10
            Dragunov Scope(Chinese Copy) - £100

This gun will keep up with, if not out perform almost every sniper rifle on the market - for well under £200 - if you don't shell out for the proper scope and stick with a standard one. With an accuracy range of easily 85m and above depending on the weather, I absolutely love this gun and will never have another type of Sniper,

Cheers.
            I am battle-tested bayonets bro,You can’t process me with a normal brain-If you borrowed my brain for five seconds,you’d be like-Dude-can’t handle it,unplug this b@st@rd!-It fires in a way that’s maybe not from,uh this terrestrial realm-Charlie Sheen

Comment

Cheers for the advice guys, I think im going to go for a marui vsr, people on my team keep on going on about how its more reliable than a wood burning stove lol,
              although does anyone have any experience with the star/ares aw.338? I have heard that they are well built externally but there are very few reviews of it online and no mention of what the accuracy/range and internal quality are like, so if anyone has had one or knows anything about them that would be awesome

cheers,
              Mark

Comment

Good choice, especially as there's a rediculous number of upgrades for it. You can buy a different stock for the VSR too, which looks and feels sick!
                Originally posted by psirus101
                I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

venasus Find out more about venasus
                Working...
                X