AEG Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEG Maintenance

I apologize in advance if there already is a thread about this (Couldn't fine one) and please don't flame as I'm a newbie.

Basically what I'd like to know is tips/advice on general maintenance on my G&P M4A1 which I purchased a few days ago. I'm not a very technical person but willing to learn.

Is there anything specific I should be checking after certain amount of use etc

PS, It came with no manual.

Any help will be highly appreciated

Re: AEG Maintenance

Just a good barrel clean and lube now and then.

Get your cleaning rod, thread abit of Jaycloth (blue kitchen cloth) round the looped end spray it with abit of silicone lube and slide it in a couple of times, then take a dry one and clean out the excess residue.

Just try not to get too much on/in your hop rubber and DO NOT use WD40.

After cleaning you might also want to fire a few mags through it to remove and residue you've missed.

There's not much more without taking your GB apart which unless you have a chinasoft AEG which is caked in thick grease, you probably won't need to do.
    WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

So a cleaning rod and silicone lube will be sufficient enough maintenance. A friend of mine who is also pretty new to airsoft say's that I need to strip the gun down and then use a cleaning rod in case I "stick it in too much and cause damage" which personally I've never heard anything like it before but I could be wrong.

Comment

You can't get the rod anyfurther past the usually black nozzle which sticks out of your gearbox, the name escapes me, but your friend will be on about your hop unit.

You can do it this way as it completely eliminates the chance or damaging your hop rubber or pushing debris into the unit, so a good comment by him. but also you don't have to, just be careful and to not push it all the way through the hop unit, but you'll feel abit of resistance when you get to the nub part so it kinda tells you to stop.

Basically your friend is correct but it's not imperative that you do.

And yep pretty much, unless something breaks or wears out, keeping your barrel and hop components in a clean and lubed state is all that needs doing really.
        WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

Make sure your hop up is off before doing this (no hop up adjustment )

Comment

I've found Universal Silicone Lube but need help finding a Cleaning Rod as they come in different sizes etc

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Vulcan Raven Airsoft'in since 9th Jan 2011 Find out more about Vulcan Raven
            Working...
            X