The most skirmish worthy revolvers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most skirmish worthy revolvers...

I'd like to buy a revolver, really, a Tanaka, but I want to skirmishable one.

I'm swayed by the idea of having a real nail-gun that I don't have to carry mags for, however I've never seen anyone agree on the performance of them, even when people are talking about the exact same pistol.

Can anyone with some first hand experience shed any light on this? Ideally, I'd like a Performance Centre or one of the Tanaka Hunters...

Re: The most skirmish worthy revolvers...

I've been up against a couple in the pistol arena at the weekender. Nice to look at, and good for the occasional up-yours of a close in pistol kill, but they didn't really impress me.

They don't seem to be made for skirmishing, more for show. A semi/full auto pistol is much quicker to reload and more reliable in the long run.
    sigpic

Comment

If you want a nail driver

any large tanaka revolver..shoots holes in the moon once you got the right gas n bb weight going..insane

its just finding one that is your problem pal

Edit what robin is saying..

See i agree with him but dabbing in and out of autos and revolvers in a skirmish situation the only down side is the reloading, the only pistol that ive owned that has ever out performed everything was my race pistol hi capa but thats because it was upgraded n what not, if you own a standard pistol or tanaka revolver when you shoot you need to hit them, so in reality when you have the ammo, its fair game...just run about reloading and your fine lol.

Comment

Hard to reload? I was under the impression it would be more fluid since it has no mags and im also led to believe the gas resevoir is huge on tanakas...

Comment

Hard to reload? I was under the impression it would be more fluid since it has no mags and im also led to believe the gas resevoir is huge on tanakas...
          It means having to swing out a cylinder, get out a speedloader or load, manually, about 10-16 BBs whilst turning the cylinder to load them in and then putting loader away and swinging it shut. The reservoirs aren't all that huge, they're in the cylinder.

An autoloader? Mag out, fresh mag in. Done.

Comment

I will be skirmishing with top 2 babies on sunday, will let you know how affective they were

AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

The tanaka 8in m500 is more then usable.

I used mine all the time and really miss it a lot (if anyone has one and they want to swap it let me know)

Comment

The gas reservoir in the tanakas are not huge but they dont need to be anyway...

autoloaders use more gas just to operate that blow back feature they have on em.

tanaka uses all of its gas to chuck that BB out, longer the barrel the more FPS as the gas more time to expand and have a rave and all that

Comment

Tanakas are mire than skirmish ready. Just use good BB's and good gas. My fave is .25g BB's and propane. Oh, that and carry two!!

Comment

you're all forgetting the TM python...!

around £60 secondhand,
                    280 fps
                    24 shots ( if i'm correct)
                    heard that it can shoot around 60/70 before re-filling
                    i dont own one, but god i want to :P
                    if we have traded, please remember to rate me on itrader:
                    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=105883

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

iNK Find out more about iNK