Collapse

Twist Barrels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The twist is different in different lenght barrels to allow hop up to still work as the bb is spun

I have one in my p90 and I love it massive improvement to a tight bore
    TAE

Comment

Re: Twist Barrels

Cheers for the help guys
      sigpic

Comment

I wonder whats for dinner, I hope it isn't one of those cans of worms.
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I think the fact that TK Twist barrels work quite well is purely down to the fact they are machined consistently and well, which to all intents and purposes is far more important than the outright tightness of the bore.

I actually read a study that claimed that 6.08mm was best for accuracy on the tested BBs, and any tighter just achieved a higher muzzle velocity in any given set up.

I'm unsure what the effects of the friction imparted by a tighter barrel would be, in relation to the amount of hop applied. After all, you need the BB spinning as much as possible, so it carries the spin further along its trajectory.

Surely a tighter barrel would make contact with the BB at more points down its length and cause the spin to be interrupted?

Is a tightbore essential in an upgraded set up? No.

An "upgraded" barrel is. That's one with a round, consistent bore along it's length.

Comment

^^ wohoo i'm famous!! How dou put a quote as you signature??

On the whole barrel subject i agree that its the smoothness of the bore not necessarily the width of it which matters most. A 6.03 is the best allrounder a 6.01 is more for fps gains. I would consider an upgraded hop unit + rubber before a twist barrel, your firing a round ball so accuracy if you can call it that will always be negligible.

Unless you testing indoors with the gun bolted down and at the same temperature (which affects spring tensile strength) your results are going to be flawed, otherwise there is too many variables.

When one says "improved accuracy" without giving exact distance to target and grouping measurements its pretty much a useless statement if you ask me. Any human factors aim and such also need to be removed.

Just my 2 cents lads feel free to disagree!
            Western arms pistol parts needed please pm me
            Any Full Metal WA pistols? Sell me them!!

Comment

I don't think this has been covered, but although in tb barrel length makes little to no difference, I was wondering if it made any difference in these? Sorry if its a dumb question. :/

Comment

Originally posted by bladerider View Post
                ^^ wohoo i'm famous!! How dou put a quote as you signature??

On the whole barrel subject i agree that its the smoothness of the bore not necessarily the width of it which matters most. A 6.03 is the best allrounder a 6.01 is more for fps gains. I would consider an upgraded hop unit + rubber before a twist barrel, your firing a round ball so accuracy if you can call it that will always be negligible.

Unless you testing indoors with the gun bolted down and at the same temperature (which affects spring tensile strength) your results are going to be flawed, otherwise there is too many variables.

When one says "improved accuracy" without giving exact distance to target and grouping measurements its pretty much a useless statement if you ask me. Any human factors aim and such also need to be removed.

Just my 2 cents lads feel free to disagree!
                I agree fully... I'm sure many "upgrades" are pure placebo, and I'm not talking about an effeminate man with a squeaky voice.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                  I agree fully... I'm sure many "upgrades" are pure placebo, and I'm not talking about an effeminate man with a squeaky voice.
                  lmao :D
                  Couldn't agree more, any gain would probably be lost with a breeze as strong as a flys fart anyway

Edit* You agree, i agree.....lets concur :D
                  Western arms pistol parts needed please pm me
                  Any Full Metal WA pistols? Sell me them!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

UndeadGhost Find out more about UndeadGhost
                  Working...
                  X