side arm selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• side arm selection

hi peeps i'm new to this site and newish to air soft as i use to play with the real thin up until i done my knee in and i desided to take up airsoft i'v have done 4 skirmishes and got a Dboys m4 but cant choose a side arm? and need some advise please, i'v looked at the glock but i dont know what there like to use? pluse i want to try and keep me wepons all metal if i can coz i dont trust plastic so can you give me some advice please cheers

Re: side arm selection

1st off, for reliability, go plastic. It wont feel as nice, but it definately wont feel like garbage. It wont break either if you get a TM.

If you do want full metal, get a System 7 or NS2 pistol, otherwise its only going to work for half the year before it gets too cold to function.

Over what to choose, you will have to handle a few to get a feel for them. Pistols sit in your hand very differently, and as you do have recoil (even if it is slight) in pistols, they way you hold it can make a lot of difference.

Best thing to do is go to your nearest shop, and handle a few, see which sits in your hand best, can you reach the slide release comfortably etc etc etc

After that youre ready to make a decision!

Comment

Para you can have a go of my P226 next gameday, one of the other guys has the TM version so you will get a feel for both metal & abs

Comment

cheers fella

Comment

Beware Para that metal will ALWAYS trump plastic in the jizz in your hands factor. Its the reliability where it counts. As youre playing keep an eye on the two pistols mentioned above and see if anyone has any trouble with them

Comment

will do cheers fella

Comment

+1 Vote on the System 7 KSC. I own a USP and its by far the most reliable pistol I have tried. I have owned a few now including Tm pistols and its the only one which I always take.

I can empty a whole mag on green at just above freezing. Normaly temperatures out of one fill I generally get at least two and a half refills of BB's as well very economical to use.

If you must have a TM then I would strongly recomend the new Px4 I believe the shop is getting some in soon if not already. It is ABS and performs very well and doesnt feel like cheap plastic at all.
              Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
              Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
              Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

TM 1911 is a good starter with plastic slide and all.But there reliable and i think they aren't too complicated either
                JG MP5 SD5/C02 Desert Eagle/ICS L86 LSW/Upgraded Warrior L96/Dynatech BFG

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104660

Comment

Ignore whatever youve heard about plastic pistols being rubbish. Its only true if you get a cheap make. I personally would choose plastic over metal any day of the week because, unlike metal, a plastic pistol will work all year round first time every time.

Whatever model you decide you like most, get a TM version, its probably the most expensive but you wont regret it. I can heartily reccomend thier Glock series, theyre fantastic little guns. Coincidentally Ive got a nearly brand new 3rd gen TM Glock 17 for sale

Comment

how much lol is it gas?

Comment

Cyma Desert Eagle is pretty good, so is the Xtreme .45 or the Sig p226. Go for one of them.
                      Originally posted by psirus101
                      I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Purcys rules of buying GBB pistols..

Rule1 : Metal is not always better.
                        Rule2 : Tokyo marui are a respectable GBB manufacturer dont derp out on em
                        Rule3 : Avoid ARMY and WE generally, ratally, cant hit barn doors. yes ive owned em
                        Rule4 : If you can afford a higher tier pistol buy a higher tier pistol..WA. TM KSC KWA etc all good stuff

~And finally rule 5
                        PLASTIC ISNT NAFFSTICK!

ill give you a tenner if you could out shoot my px4 in semi warm weather but it wont happen.

Comment

Originally posted by MiloXC3 View Post
                          Cyma Desert Eagle is pretty good, so is the Xtreme .45 or the Sig p226. Go for one of them.
                          If you mean the CO2 G&G Xtreme .45, while it's a fantastic gun, it's also way to hot for use in a skirmish. My old one chrono'd around 500fps after the mag had sat in snow for half an hour.

OP, from your user name and comment about having played with the real thing I'm going to assume you're ex-mob. Don't be tempted to go for one of the Brownings that are around as there still isn't one that will be reliable out of the box every time. But, a 1911 (or any other Browning pattern pistol) should feel right as the slide release and safety are where you were used to them. I've never been able to get to grips with the Beretta M9/Model 92 as the safety works ass-backwards in my mind!
                          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

para01 ex para, got 2 kids and got the grey hair to prove it,married again lol,up for a laugh. Find out more about para01
                          Working...
                          X