vsr barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vsr barrel

Right, could do with some help with my vsr barrel, i have already read through the vsr tech section by the way.

Anyway, i currently have a PDI 6.01 433mm, but the fps it's kicking out is ridiculous, 600fps, with a 480fps spring...

Also, i believe i may have chosen the wrong barrel bore inner size, so can someone please advise me as to which barrel you recommend, i am looking for range and accuracy, not fps.

Oh, and is the purple nineball rubber the best i can get, or is it worth getting a different one?

So, which barrel would be my best bet...

- pdi 6.01 (stick with what i have and get a lower spring)
    - pdi 6.05
    - pdi 6.08
    - laylax Prometheus 6.03

Thanks, any help would be great, oh and a UK retailer would be best if possible.

Edit: if i stick with what i have, should i simply cut my spring? If so how do i do it properly, how much should i cut, and what tool should i use?

Re: vsr barrel

I have owned a laylax 6.03 and PDI 6.01 within 480 to 500fps rifles and personally found the laylax 6.03 to perform best in range and accuracy.

I prefer to have consistent shots, not ones that go 10ft + in front of the other every so often and the laylax 6.03 has allways been consistent for me (after owning 2 of them).

As for hop rubber i found the nineball to be verry good in my Tanaka m700 i had but in my VSR's i have had firefly which is also verry good but your going to have to take some time bedding it in to get best results.

So personal choice for hope rubber really but i would go for firefly i think.

Comment

Let me know if you can find a firefly in stock anywhere please

Comment

I heard F.S may be getting stock in a couple of weeks, not sure where from though. How did you cut your spring bird?

Comment

Grinding wheel, then flatted the end off a little so it wasn't a sharp spike.

Comment

Ahh, not really tools i have lying around, is there any other way? Also, how do i decide how much to cut?

Comment

1 coil at a time, then reassemble and chrono but don't cut it so much you lose tension on the piston when it's reassembled.

Comment

ok, can i use anything else to cut it?

Comment

Wire cutters / Pliers with a cutting edge in the centre of them, a hack saw too :/

Its just getting rid of the sharp end thats harder without a grinding tool

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
                  Working...
                  X