Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric / fan masks

hi guys,
    i have been looking into electric masks as i wear vision correction glasses but i can't wear them under my normal mask due to them steaming up as soon as i move!!
    just wondering if anyone has any experience of them and if they will stop the steamin.
    any advice welcome as i can't see a damn thing either way at the moment!!
    cheers all
    haddock
    G&G M4,
    CA MP5K,
    JG MP5 RIS,
    TM VZ61 Skorpion,
    A&K SVD Dragunov,
    JG/TM AKS-74U Spetsnaz

Re: electric / fan masks

Go for mesh mate, its the only way you can guarantee it wont steam up
    sigpic

Comment

I also wear glasses under my masks etc. Still yet to get a lense type that doesnt steam up lol. I had a mask with a fan in it, it did help a bit but didnt stop it from steaming up in the end.

Now I wear mesh over my glasses, doesnt steam up, well can sometimes in cold weather but usually its fine! Also when you first put mesh on you think "crap cant see anything passed this" No joke, within 10-15mins your eyes adapt to see through/passed the mesh and you hardly even notice it.

Hope that helps m8!

Comment

hi guys, cheers for the advice, my current mask is mesh but the lower part of the mask is tight on my face. wonder if one with a bit more space or a mesh lower would work.... hmm tricky!!
        G&G M4,
        CA MP5K,
        JG MP5 RIS,
        TM VZ61 Skorpion,
        A&K SVD Dragunov,
        JG/TM AKS-74U Spetsnaz

Comment

Originally posted by a_smoked_haddock View Post
          hi guys, cheers for the advice, my current mask is mesh but the lower part of the mask is tight on my face. wonder if one with a bit more space or a mesh lower would work.... hmm tricky!!
          Doh thats vital info I left out.

I wear mesh upper overgoggles with a lower mesh mask, this allows me to breathe through the mask an stop the glasses from steaming up.

So yea, either a two peice mesh setup or the fencing looking mesh head mask would probably help you alot

Comment

TM do a full face mask with a removable lower section with a two speed fan in. The top part is goggles and lower is a clip on plastic full face guard.

I have used mine on a few occassions it works fine when you are moving about but if you are in a dead zone or stationay for any length of time they can mist up even with the fan on its top speed.

I now use Guarder glasses with a prescription lens attachment which also allows you to replace the protective lense with 4 different lenses, Clear, Yellow, Tint and a semi mirror finish. For the lower face a full mesh mask which also covers my ears and still allows you to use an ear piece on your radio.

Most important thing is to try options and see which is most comfortable and make sure if you look at a two piece option that you try both together to make sure it works for you as often lower face masks interfear with glasses etc.

The most irritating thing with lower face protection is the sweaty face you get when wearing them which is why I ended up with the full mesh lower / glasses combination.
            Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
            Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
            Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

a_smoked_haddock Find out more about a_smoked_haddock
            Working...
            X