sniper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sniper?

With exams finishing on wednesday i will be free to have my first game of airsoft. However after obtaining an L96 im just in love with it and can't see myself going back to my M4. ive decided to go as a sniper to my first game instead of going with my M4 loadout (might take both guns to switch roles half way through the day). I just want to get your views on my choice, now i do wear glasses and ontop of that i will have to wear goggles (site rules), will this have a great effect on my vision? I was also thinking of just going in wood camo top/bottoms and six extra magazines.

Any tips or advice is more then welcome

Re: sniper?

Oh dear....

Run about with your M4 on your first game mate....

Right heres why.

Sniping is a very boring and not always rewarding. Running round with a M4 will get you alot more kills.

For most of the game, you'll probably won't get as much action as an AEG.

Get your money worths for the day, and use both

And goggles don't usually obstruct vision.
    Last edited by bravotwozero; 14 June, 2009, 22:45.

Comment

i understand that sniping takes time and most of the time you won't be in the action but it seems so rewarding when you get you hit and the feel of bolt action is so smooth. :D

Comment

But by all means, do what you want :D Strap the L96 on your back, and use the M4 for attacking, and when you swap over, sniping is very good for defending. Find a nice high, hidden spot, lie down, and wait.......

Comment

I found anything as far as face/eye protection gets in the way. i have a g-spec with low mounts and its impossable to use with a mask, pretty hard with goggles, best thing to use i found was shooting glasses which only get in the way a tiny bit
          If You Run You'll Only Die Tired

Guns:
          CA M15 A4 x2
          Vsr G-spec
          P226

Comment

Originally posted by owainthegreat View Post
            But by all means, do what you want :D Strap the L96 on your back, and use the M4 for attacking, and when you swap over, sniping is very good for defending. Find a nice high, hidden spot, lie down, and wait.......
            to be honest it would be a pain carrying all of that stuff

Originally posted by lt.fowler View Post
            I found anything as far as face/eye protection gets in the way. i have a g-spec with low mounts and its impossable to use with a mask, pretty hard with goggles, best thing to use i found was shooting glasses which only get in the way a tiny bit
            well, im not sure glasses over glasses will work

Comment

Yeah, it can be uncomfortable. But no pain no game! :P

Comment

Take it from a sniper, AEG's are much more fun, and the range on your L96 (If its warrior and stock) won't really beat your M4 by much. so even if you do spot a target, they'll usually shoot you back!
                Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

ok, ill consider going with my AEG for the first few visits and later on try the L96. Could you guys still spec me some gear to get for my sniper loadout though, not intrested in a gillie suit.

edit: also what do you mean by 'stock'

Comment

Stock = out the box no upgrades. Also what the others said, AEG all the way on you first few games.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

ah ok, i got the sniper second hand so i'll see if there are any upgrades to it. If not then ill buy some new parts for it and try get it working to its best.

Comment

You'll probably want to carry your M4 as backup anyway unless you have a sidearm, as you might have to engage targets at close range.. and that aint particularly easy with a sniper rifle .. assuming your chosen site will allow use of them without a minimum engagement distance, last thing you want is to be left sitting there unable to even defend yourself if someone does get close.

Goggles should be usable with little hinderance, but the scope mounting and eye relief might have an effect on how well you can work with em. If you already have a set try toget accustomed to using and aiming with them in the comfort of your own home or garden as finding out they arn't apt whilst out in the field could be a bit of a downer.

*Edit* You might also want to look into ways of preventing goggles (assuming you arn't using mesh ones) from steaming up, even without glasses this can be a massive pain in the ass if/when it happens.
                        Last edited by Fluxeor; 15 June, 2009, 11:47.
                        AGM Scar L (Black) - KWA Glock 17 - CA B&T MP5A4

Comment

i do have a side arm (p226) and i was getting some good range shooting in the garden yesterday and finding the best position to look through the scope whilst getting into focus.

Comment

I really don't understand!

You've got an M4, eotech,another sight, p226, L96, vest and you haven't been Airsofting once?!

Comment

someone keeping track :p, also got a glock 19, getting an G36C (arriving today/tomorrow) and another glock (aep)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

eyyaz pew pew Find out more about eyyaz
                              Working...
                              X