Dboys - are they good ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dboys - are they good ?

Hi , New to the sport , please can anyone tell me if Dboys are a good make, I hear that Tokyo Mauri and Classic Army are, but know very little about Dboys and JG . Stuart
    Rule 1 # Bring Guns, Bring lots of Guns, Bring Friends with lots of Guns.

Re: Dboys - are they good ?

Thank God you came and asked first

In short, no. DBoys are the worst make going I'd say. If you're going to buy a clone gun, get a JG. If you've got a little more money, get a Tokyo Marui gun. They're, in my opinion, the best. Rock solid, fantastic build quality, fantastic hop-up and gearboxes. All of the optional accessories such as rails usually fit TM guns also because clones and other parts are based off of TM guns.

My brother's first gun was a DBoys M4 S-System. It broke in half literally after about 2 games. BB's didn't feed into it well, battery didn't fit well, performance was high power but crap accuracy and hop-up. I highly recommend not touching ANYTHING DBoys.

Comment

Biggest problem if your new is that they are often firing around the 400 fps mark, which for an aeg is too high and most sites wont let you use it. I had that problem, and cos i was a newbie and had no idea bout airsoft guns i couldnt change the spring.
      Armoury:
      JG MP5 SD6, TM G36C.

Sandhurst in May .

Comment

I wouldnt say that dboys are the *worst* clone. Some of the build quality is actually quite reasonable. And metal. Intenal wise I would agree they can be quite poor. Some can be fine, others are just plain crap.

JG on the other hand is quite definitely one of the best clone companies around. Some of their newer stuff is metal, which is nice. Their plastic stuff is fine too though.

As far as their guns kicking out 400fps. That is indeed perfeclt possible. A downgrade from Z1 is free, though I belive they will charge labor of about £30. They also do a to the door pickup and delivery if you want to pay for that. Or... find someone who knows guns, and ask them to do the downgrade. They will probably just want you to buy the new spring.

Comment

I have a d-boys M4 and it's been great. The build is good (metal) and the performance is fine. The hop up is useless though. For the money it has been well worth it. Certainly JG do seem to have the best of the cheaper options from experience and the guys on here. I agree d-boys are the not the worse clone.

Personally I would avoid the older TM guns as they often shockingly cheap looking and quite a few would need upgrading fps wise. Solid though. I could also see something coming out at 400+ as Stickymonk chrono'd his new JG M4 last year at UA and it was 425 fps or something crazy like that.
          Who Dares Wins.

Comment

Many thanks for all your feedback - much appreciated , you have all helped loads. Stuart

Comment

whatever you choose, the main thing is you take a photo and post it for us
              Who Dares Wins.

Comment

I own a D-boys SR-16 and i think its abosolutly fantastic. The build quality is pretty good, and it shoots better then my JG m4, WAAAYYY better. the barrel on my JG got extremely wobbly after about 3games anyways. Where as my dboys, because its full metal is solid as a rock. My dboys easyly shoots 120ft accurately, and thats with the hop up completely off. I use a standard dboys hop chamber but i use a guarder hop-up rubber and i can honestly say wow.

There are all these dreaded stories on the net about internal problems etc etc. I have yet to come across one. there are few external problems that are the same with most d-boys weapons. These being: the top receiver can wobble as it doesnt fit tightly to the gearbox (with a little know how this can be fixed in about 10mins). Secondly the fake receiver catch on the left handle side of the weapon (m4 models only) wobbles around ALOT, either take it out or tape it down. Thats the only external problems i can think of.

Comment

my dboys spr was sublime............. loved every min of it..........

Comment

Dboys are dreadful!
                    i think their M4's are worse than any others though....(ie, they make good other stuff)

i wont repeat myself by going into why there are rubbbish, but they are.
                    Save up and buy a TM, that will prbably last.
                    TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Agent 99: Inside your belt buckle, there is a pill, if taken it will cause death in 9 seconds...
                    Maxell Smart: Great, but how exactly do i get them to take it?

Comment

Dboys split the community, half of thier gear seems to very good- especailly thier highcap mags- and the other half is a big dick pavlova. It alsost seems like they pay a guy to take half thier stock to a make it crap/better factory afterwards.

My advice would be to buy JG, as they are much more consistantly very good, and cheap for entry level
                      G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                      RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

As you can see from most of the post terminal, its a mixed affair weither D-boys guns are actually any good. At the end of the day they are a chinese clone company, meaning that the quality control is poor if non-exsistant and alot of duds or "lemons" get shipped out. like i said, personaly i love my d-boys but alot of ppl may have had bad ones. just the way it goes sometimes. So i guess the correct answer to your question would be yes and no. They CAN be great weapons but there is a chance they are going to be rubbish aswell. To avoid ever getting a dud by accident buy japan. TM, CA etc.

Comment

buy a CA sportline............ no metal body.... no ris...... but its quality that will last

Comment

Great responce , thanks fo all the feedback , I guess they are like cars - never buy one that was made on a monday morning or a friday afternoon lol . Just difficult to decide which gun now - oh to be a lottery winner & I would have one of everything !! Thanks again guys . Stuart

Comment

Id highly recommend a CA sportline. As said, they dont come with much on them. No RIS, and no metal body. But for a starting gun at 150 quid that WILL last, its definetly the way forward. I have fired one of these, and despite being light, it was a very nice gun to fire. Things like RIS can be bought later on, as i bought a new RIS handguard from CA for about 20 quid brand new. The only thing i can think wrong with them is due to the plastic body, they might not take as much of a battering, but you cant have it all!
                              It would be better for you to buy a gun thats going to last for a while, rather than buying a gun that is about 30-50 quid cheaper then having to pay more for the upkeep of it in the future.
                              Just my opinion, having owned a naff gun as a started then having to buy replacement parts and ending up paying a fortune which would of probably bought a new gun!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

teminal Find out more about teminal
                              Working...
                              X