Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G L85A2 - Is it worth it?

Hey!

I've been down to my local airsoft retailers and I seen the L85A2 for £240 (excluding battery).

Personally, I love the shape of the gun and it's bullpup design. It feels really solid and quite well balanced.

However, I've heard a lot of bad press about the G&G version, with some saying that the gearbox slowly falls apart and that it's plagued by problems.

Has anyone here had any experience with it, good or bad?

I'm really tempted to get it, but I would like some further info before buying.

Thanks in advance!

Re: G&G L85A2 - Is it worth it?

Is it definatly G&G or is it second hand? as £240 is a Very good price. there where a few issues with the Blow back i believe back in the day, cant comment on any of the newer versions but i **THINK** G&G sorted the original issues out
    'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

Originally posted by Discoshrew View Post
      Is it definatly G&G or is it second hand? as £240 is a Very good price. there where a few issues with the Blow back i believe back in the day, cant comment on any of the newer versions but i **THINK** G&G sorted the original issues out
      It's new.

It's 330 (euro), which I guess is £240-£255.

Yeah, I hope to disable the blowback anyway; It will only drain the battery.

Comment

Ahh my appologies didnt realise you wernt UK based mate personally i've never had any issues with any G&G internals so id say go for it (Y)
        'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

Also, could anyone possibly recommend a battery for the gun? I heard it takes a custom battery, but it is possible to use others in the small space.

Thanks.

Comment

A 9.6v mini should fit with some effort, but I've had no problems at all with my G&G, as soon as I scrapped the blowback I considered it done in terms of upgrades, I doubt I'll need to do anything else to it for a long time.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Elias Find out more about Elias
            Working...
            X