Standard M4 for Upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard M4 for Upgrading

I would like your opinions on a easy to disassemble M4 Carbine.
    I would like to know as I wish to make a completely custom M4 with as little as the original gun remaining as possible.
    It needs to be cheap, as it is only going to be a base, but it does not matter if it is plastic or metal, as the body will be replaced.
    No electric blowback either.
    Features I would like are a rear wired sliding stock and flip up sights.

Any helpful feedback would be appreciated :D
    sigpic
    "Never trust quotes that you find on the Internet" - Albert Einstein

Re: Standard M4 for Upgrading

Classic Army or ICS Sportlines?
    i've not had experience of the ICS but i hear that the split gearbox is very desirable

Comment

But the ICS are notoriously un-compatable with most other manufacturers inc Magpul and the like. So I read, I've never owned one..........

I've got a Dboys that i'm in the process of completely overhauling, supposedly compatable with a lot of brands like G&P, TM, and all the aftermarket gear aimed at those makes. The standard rifle is pretty solid and robust.
      Signature Removed

Comment

the problem with the dboys is the wiring. completely flimsy and crap. also the electrics and the crappy pot metal.
        My youtube channel

Comment

Jing Gong- cheap, rear wired I think, some models are anyway, very basic, so easy to upgrade, and compatible with just about everything.
          When the 404 error message gets a 404 error message, you know it's bad...

Comment

G&G combat machine m4 , yeah its cheep and plastic but the internals are mint ! just pop on a 1 piece barrel as the cm one wobbles a bit and your laughing , thats what i have done and its a beast
            you may be a king or a lowly street sweeper , sooner or later you all dance with the reaper

Originally posted by Barlow

alcohol + man up + lowered amibitions = lots of sex^2 = ex-who?

Comment

Mine isn't pot metal, besides he's replacing most of it! Agreed though that the wiring isn't the best, but will do the job until you want to upgrade that too.

I would happily shell out for a G&P, but it seems pointless when like the OP, i'm replacing virtually all of it! Will only have the original buffer tube, outer barrel, pistol grip, GB case and wiring left....
              Signature Removed

Comment

sane as ne jo i replaced the body front end all thats left of combat machine is gb , stock tube, stock , pistol grip, and the rest of the internals
                you may be a king or a lowly street sweeper , sooner or later you all dance with the reaper

Originally posted by Barlow

alcohol + man up + lowered amibitions = lots of sex^2 = ex-who?

Comment

I agree with the comments about the G&G M4s. My G&G M16 was a complete beast for only £140. Fantastic budget guns and all you need to do is whack a new tightbore in and it's all ready to go

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Xx Feral xX Find out more about Xx Feral xX
                  Working...
                  X