Boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots?

I am looking into getting myself a pair of decent boots for airsoft, i've done some looking but there are so many types and styles out there its a bit confusing.

I want to know, What is the best/most reliable make for long lasting boots?
    and what style is best for running, ducking, diving etc... (basically anything that you may have to do in airsoft)

Cheers Sam.
    NEEDED L96 Mag Release, 40rnd Mags, and Bi-pod adapter

Re: Boots??

A cheap pair off an auction site done me well, mil com i believe, just over £20
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Boots?

Agreed, I've got a pair of mil com's in tan. Solid

Comment

German model 2000s are good, and you can get them off a site with the name of a popular german camo for 35 quid.

Comment

Dear lord, only had this question come up a week ago.
          http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t...highlight=boot
          Originally posted by fijitstiks
          they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
          Originally posted by N3ADS
          Is this you talking from experience ?..
          Originally posted by fijitstiks
          i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

I personally have a pair of magnums (my second pair in my life) they're the most comfortable boots ever. But don't buy the ones with the zip up the side they caused me more trouble than they were worth!

Comment

If money is not to much of a concern because they are bloody expensive I purchased some 5.11 fully waterproof boots and they really are fully water proof. On top of that they are warm in the cold and cool enough in the heat as odd as that sounds.

Best thing for me is they required no breaking in and where instantly comfortable from the first time they where worn.

Previously I had a pair of simple Hitec leather walking boots which performed extreemly well and lasted a full year of being worn pretty much every weekend for airsoft and out on the motorbike, plus work etc etc.
              Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
              Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
              Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

ah right cheers guys that helps alot, now i know what im looking for i can do some more detaile research into MilCom's and Magnums :D
                and ZX12R those 5.11 look great from the reviews i just seen but they're a tad out of my price range atm, but i'll keep them in mind for the future! cheers!
                NEEDED L96 Mag Release, 40rnd Mags, and Bi-pod adapter

Comment

I'd highly recommend the mil com's. I always wear boots (work, airsoft, general use) and normally they take an age to break in properly, plus because I have thin feet I've found I have to normally wear thick socks otherwise they slop around a bit.

Bought some milcoms a couple of weeks back, utterly snug (don't even have to lace them up as tight as they go), really comfy and flexible, they feel like I'm wearing trainers with ankle support, and a decent price too.
                  sigpic

Comment

Mangnum spiders, the new version, are so comfy, perfect for running, only downside they aren't waterproof, or are they? Just i walked through a pond basically, and woopsie's!

Comment

5.11 Boots have allways served me well.

Had 3 pairs

First pair went through 2 festivals, everyday wareing and 40 skirmishes, no maintainance - Stopped being water proof after 14 months, though still wareable

2. 5.11 ATAC Sheild boots, 4 festivals, everyday ware, 9 months building site, 30 skirmishes, 0 maintanance - 18 months, till failure mainly because i ripped the zip off at a festival.

3. 5.11 Tactical XPRT Kick Toe - Only had them for less than a month but worn them in about 8 hours. Comfy as hell, really easy lace up system. New Kick Toe system, which is nice reduces weight.

All been bloody good boots, all have secret side pockets. Also the 2/3 have a composite solid toe rated to about 1.5 tonnes/a 12g shotgun blast, also a hell of a lot light than steel.
                      Best part is when hit by weight they dont bend like steel and cut your toes of but rather shatter inside a protective pouch thingy.

As proof of this a small hatchback car drove over my toes, solid toes did not shatter or bend, though left my toes intact.

All of the above are also water proof, just over half way up the boot.

I must say their socks are also amazing!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SamHall_ Currently studying Engineering at college and wish to proceed on to weapons engineering. Find out more about SamHall_
                      Working...
                      X