airsoft repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• airsoft repair

does anybody know of any books or training programs running to train people about gun repairs and upgrades and stuff as i have been airsofting for quite a while now but i just dont trust myself without any training or a good guide as i know i will just break it even more
    Originally posted by BALBOSA
    yeah thats what i was talking about my tactical warfare official gay card
    Team: Treadstone
    Armoury: AK-47, M4, L96, MEU

Re: airsoft repair

you tube , its the nuts mate !!!
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Parky
    Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

youtube is a good place to look if your starting out to mess with your rif's but i found getting cheap rif's and working on them till they worked was the best way and there is also the forums tech section to help you along
      Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Yeah, as above.

Buy a broken gun and open it up. It's probably the best way to learn.

Comment

I found a PDF called Practical AEG Upgrade 2006.

I think it came from a link here, but maybe from another forum. Try googling "retail airsoft press practical aeg upgrade 2006" and, hopefully, it'll still be around.
          sigpic

Comment

Mechbox.com is an awesome site, doesn't have everything but the stuff it does have is explained really well.

Comment

@rockinrobin

seems you have to pay for it these days, although they have some 2009 versions, or did you have to pay before?
              Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

It's an old version (2006), but it was a freebie!
                sigpic

Comment

Just Brought a Bosted up M4 S System, just by pulling it apart probably breaking it more has just done wonders, i can see how everything works how it loads bb's how the gearbox works etc... trust me.. worth buying a cheap gun and just having a go. you tube tells you everything you need to know aswell!

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

i found the older 2006 version its a real help thanks
                    i think i might build a new gun from scratch to see if it possible
                    Originally posted by BALBOSA
                    yeah thats what i was talking about my tactical warfare official gay card
                    Team: Treadstone
                    Armoury: AK-47, M4, L96, MEU

Comment

No problems on the PDF, hope it helps.

I don't pretend to know anywhere near everything there is to know about airsoft internals, but the more I take them to bits and play with them, the more I learn.

Building a new gun is a great idea. The most useful thing I've done was buying a broken d-boys m4 from here for a few quid, then doing it up and getting it working properly. Wiring problems taught me how the trigger connectors and selector plate works. 400+ fps forced me to put a lower powered spring in, so that got me in the box. The shims all fell out, so I had to work out how to re-shim!
                      sigpic

Comment

rockinrobin's Right.

I just stripped my MP5 ready for a new barrel, and before hand I hadn't a clue what to do, or what things inside do! But I could probably do it with my eyes shut after.

Figuratively speaking ofcourse...

Comment

I dont know owain, I recon I could do an M4 blind folded, not into the GB mind, but I recon with enough prep i could take one down and re-build without looking!

@Neokia, alternatively, come round mine with a suitable gun and il teach you how it all works/how to do tech lol! Me and keeper are probs going to be having a tech day soon to upgrade/tune our various armalites, you welcome to join us if you like! pass the batton to another treadstone techy ;D

its invariably a day of much tea drinking, swearing and hassle but always great fun!

Comment

Originally posted by your evil twin View Post
                            I dont know owain, I recon I could do an M4 blind folded, not into the GB mind, but I recon with enough prep i could take one down and re-build without looking!

@Neokia, alternatively, come round mine with a suitable gun and il teach you how it all works/how to do tech lol! Me and keeper are probs going to be having a tech day soon to upgrade/tune our various armalites, you welcome to join us if you like! pass the batton to another treadstone techy ;D

its invariably a day of much tea drinking, swearing and hassle but always great fun!

Trust both of us to make that offer (I pmed him).

And yeah, we need to get that sorted.

Anyway, really tech experience comes from just that experience. Chances are you'll foul up things first few times you do things, but eventually you'll get to the point where you aren't nervous opening up a gearbox any more.

Than you reach what I call the sad line, where you start actually enjoying it. I'm a good mile past that

Comment

The point where you rip apart a hole gun just to clip 5fps off the spring :D
                              (or just to see how fast you can do it :p)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

neokia Find out more about neokia
                              Working...
                              X