Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS should I avoid?

Hi All

Are ICS anygood or should I give them a wide byrth?
    And SRC?

Cheers
    Last edited by Tiffy Toola; 3 March, 2011, 19:25. Reason: Missed something out
    Ninja Fox with a Winchester!!

sigpic

Re: ICS should I avoid?

:O

ICS are brilliant.

one of the most reliable gun manufacturers on the market, if not the best. there split gearbox designs are simply ingenious.

i currently own an ICS L86 LSW and i have previously owned many... many ICS M4/16veriants.

The hop rubbers are abit naff in my opinion but that can be said about alot of brands now-a-days, put a prommy/madbul or preferably a firefly in though and you'll be ready to rock and roll.

i'm not a true ICS fanboy but they have to be given credit with some amazingly sturdy gearboxes, some brilliant designs and some guns i've encountered have the added bonus of being built like tanks.

EDIT:

should also say a mate has had his for going on two years now. countless rounds through it and all he has done is put a new 300fps spring (for cqb) in it and a madbull hop unit. still going as strong as ever.
    Last edited by dxnib1; 3 March, 2011, 19:37.

Comment

ICS are great, ive had mine since august and havnt had a problem yet and its had a fair few rounds put through it, split gearbox is a dream to work with.

Comment

brilliant guns and as far as im aware only aeg that has the forward assist to decompress the spring
        sigpic

Comment

2nd that - My first gun and only thing I swapped it for was a TM SOPMOD

And the only thing I'd Swap this for will be SYSTEMA

...one day :-)

Comment

ICS very good as the above post, not the best but still very good.

SRC not so great
            Jamie Fox (Gloryboy21): Team Sneaky Badger Gimp and professional russian in trainning

Originally posted by palmer234
            I don't need a laser to blind someone, I have a penis..

Comment

whoever told you ICS are naff deserves a slap..

That is all

Comment

Thank god for that I have one and only used a couple of times so I was petrified it would just die on me

Cheers guys

So SRC not so good?

sigpic

Comment

SRC GEN III G36's are supposed to be pretty good

Comment

ICS = v good
                    The split gearbox on the m4 is seriously good. Just makes working on the things so much easier. Regular v2's are annoying with springs trying to pop out on you, theres a nack to doing it which i havnt got yet

Comment

Originally posted by Tiffy Toola View Post
                      So SRC not so good?
                      I wouldn't say "no" good.

I think there in the 'lemon brand' section of the airsoft market, like Cyma and afew others.

Personally i've only had good runs with SRC (Cyma guns are amazing in my opinion) but I've had mates that have had mixed reviews, some good some bad and there are a lot of mixed reviews around the web/ect.

Hence the lemon branded status. Sometimes you get a good one, sometimes you get the lemon. Stick with ICS though. ICS wins hands down over SRC in my opinion.

Comment

Just a point that hasn't been mentioned, there are compatibility issues with ics example hop up units and also some RIS kits on the m4's. They are great as long as you don't want to change the externals.

Comment

Then I have made a good purchase

All is well

Thank you all for putting my mind at ease

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BringOnThunder View Post
                            Just a point that hasn't been mentioned, there are compatibility issues with ics example hop up units and also some RIS kits on the m4's. They are great as long as you don't want to change the externals.
                            That's the probs I'm having so I'll keep this as a backup and get another brand for my "pimped" shooter also the battery is a pain can only use nunchucks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tiffy Toola View Post
                              That's the probs I'm having so I'll keep this as a backup and get another brand for my "pimped" shooter also the battery is a pain can only use nunchucks
                              for front kits, for example if you wanted to put a magpul moe handgaurd on the gun (or literally any delta ring based RIS/kit). all you need is a new delta ring. you can buy them for less than £20 second hand and a new G&P set will set you back no more than that...(depending on where you shop) personally i'd just buy a second delta ring rather than a whole new gun or a free float system instead.

would certainly be cheaper than a new gun, that said i cant really advise, I'm in the process of building my 9th gun

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiffy Toola Find out more about Tiffy Toola
                              Working...
                              X